So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Our temps have dipped back down to the mid and upper 70s for a few days which is welcome before the heat of summer begins. It's absolutely gorgeous outside today since the winds have died down so I'm heading outside with my laptop to just enjoy the day. I was amazed to look in the mirror the other day and see that there is some color in my skin from the sun! I won't call it a tan by any means, but I've lived in the dark so long that mushrooms call me pale so this touch of color to my skin is more like a healthy glow and that's awesome.

Deb

Heavy rain and thunder all morning. Flooding. Local news has video of tourists wading up Bourbon Street in ankle deep in water. BUT ... supposed to be sunny and clear by Sunday.

Right after I posted our weather all the power in Seminole went out and the electric co-op crews were out all day working on it; so no watching the weather. I took a nap and then DH had to run an errand and we stopped for lunch on the way home, and then stopped to stroll through the Good Will, and found a small two-shelf bookcase that is perfect to hold all my mini furniture kits. When we got home the power was on, and a couple of hours later the waters had receded from the back yard enough that we could get from the house to the workshop.

I hope my garden enjoyed the nice long winter. I am hoping for plentiful blueberries from the bush, huge strawberries from the patch, and enough asparagus for a meal.

• Like 1

Heidi, our first spring in the new house we picked nearly 5 gallons of blueberries. Last spring we had so many late hard freezes all the blossoms were killed off and I think I found two ripe ones (I ate one and gave DH the other one); so this year all my fingers are crossed. My native azalea is blooming its little branches off, so I have great hopes for blueberries, both the wild ones and the feral cultivars we found.

• Like 1

When we got home the power was on, and a couple of hours later the waters had receded from the back yard enough that we could get from the house to the workshop.

If it keeps that up you're going to need to park the kayak outside the back door so you can get to the workshop on really rainy days. :boat:

Deb

The boats live on racks beside the workshop's back door. It's still raining, but supposed to begin clearing up before daylight. We're headed out to the spring sausage festival in Elberta, AL, after breakfast. Tomorrow AM we're joining a Meet-Up group to hike the Dune Trail just outside of Pensacola Beach.

The sausage festival was a muddy, sloppy mess, but that didn't dampen the turnout. We couldn't get near the sausage-serving windows, but we bought a 2-pound jar of homemade mayhaw jelly there.

• Like 2

It started raining here late yesterday morning and is still going on and off now. The ice on our pond is finally gone! It was there for so long that it looks a little strange now. I have a few crocuses waiting for the sun to come so they can open up :)

• Like 1

The five inches of snow from last night has almost all melted, would be nice if that's the last of it for this year. I am excited though , 50's & 60's the next few days. I am getting out the outdoor furniture and going to get me some sunshine. :D

Oh, y'all, I'm SO sorry! We had sunshine all day yesterday and again today. It's supposed to crap out this weekend, and it isn't warm, but it's pretty. If I could, I'd box some up to send you!

In the 80's and breezy here...layed out in the yard for awhile today

watched the humming birds....and BB chasing imaginary bunnies in our hedge

:banana:

Wasn't it gorgeous! We topped out in the high 80s yesterday and I spent most of the afternoon curled up on the patio loveseat just watching the lizards running around doing whatever it is that lizards do. I haven't been laying out but I'm getting a tan already just from the little bit I putter around in the yard. After rocking the pallid vampire look for the past two decades, it's nice to see a hint of color in my skin again. My doctors in Denver wouldn't recognize me!

Deb

• Like 2