So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Whew - it's finally morning and I'm relieved to say that we didn't blow away during the night. I thought our house was going to be blown off it's foundations and off to the next universe before morning with how bad the wind blew all night. The whole house was shaking and it was impossible to get warm.

I love watching this site whenever there are strong winds blowing:

http://earth.nullschool.net/

• Like 1

It's 75 and wall-to-wall sunshine here with a forecast for the same for the next ten days. <deep sigh of relief> We had a minor cold front come thru a couple of days ago and while it wasn't much, the barometric pressure dropped enough to make my joints talk back. But the winds and the clouds have all cleared away and we're back to stable pressure and crystal blue skies. Last night I was able to sit on the patio and watch the stars for awhile. It was heavenly.

Deb

• Like 1

The winter storm warnings are out, it is fifty degrees and sunny now, but by morning there will be 6-12 inches of new snow and temps in the teens. Back to single digits the next couple of nights, this stuff can stop anytime now!

It was gorgeous the past few days. GORGEOUS! It is going to rain today and tonight. It will dip back into the 20s tomorrow all day. Snow showers. I will have to close the windows that I opened. Then it will creep back up to the 40s again. I was spoiled with the warmer temps. Made me feel good. I took a nice mile walk without music. Just listened to the birds.

Oh,Holly,you reminded me,so I just went out and checked the one in my backyard and Yay!-it has lots of buds! We moved here too late to catch it blooming the first year and my mother was the first one to notice it blooming last spring. One lonely little dogwood among all these oaks-so lovely! Spring,spring,spring!!

Kat, keep your fingers crossed for no more freezes, we lost all our blueberry blossoms last year after picking over 6 gallons of them the first year we were here; and our first spring my little native azalea bloomed the most beautiful, fragrant yellow blossoms and last year they were all bitten by the late freezes. This year it's covered in buds. I saw some hydrangeas in post at Home Depot today; I'm so sorely tempted by them; I'd start with three; one under DH's office window (front of the house) and one under our bedroom window and the other under the kitchen window (sides). At Lowe's I saw a triple shepherd's hook I'd love to put outside our porch when we get it built and hang hummingbird feeders from it. I'm getting bit HARD by the spring bug...

Rain & thunder in the Big Easy. The Mardi Gras Indians' Super Sunday parade scheduled for this afternoon has been postponed until next Sunday. It's a wonderful event that always leaves me in awe of the artistry and craftsmanship of the individual maskers.*

The beaded and befeathered suits are created for use for one year only. The day after Super Sunday the wearer begins construction of next year's suit. All of the beading is done by hand by the wearer and family members and friends from his tribe.

See pictures of some of the suits here.

Learn more about the history of the Mardi Gras Indians here.

*to mask in New Orleans is to wear a costume that often but not always includes a face mask

Today in Vero Beach Fl. Perfect!

I can't believe you posted this today. My niece is leaving for Vero Bech on Thursday. She is going to be in the play How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. I don't know which theatre she will perform at, but the play is running from March to May, then the cast will finish the run at the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia. If you like stage plays you may want to check this out.

I'm sorry for getting off topic, but I got excited when I saw Vero Beach. Then again, after the NJ winter we just had, I might have gotten excited seeing any beach, although the Jersey shore would be quite chilly today.