So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Darn, Kat, I was hoping it was warmer in your end of the Gulf Coast, because then it would probably head over towards us eventually. I did enjoy the two days of 70s without rain that we got, but would have like just a little bit of sunshine with it. Still being serenaded with the heat on this AM.

• Like 1

Hi Stacey and Roxy! LOL Hope y'all are having a good day!

It's nice out now,but I think we're expecting thunderstorms later. :(

I did get to open the windows for awhile yesterday and let the place air out before it got chilly again. But like I say,I am so cold sensitive anymore. I am so sorry for all of you dealing with much colder temps,but I am afraid I'd just be dead by now!LOL

• Like 1

It's cooled down into the mid 70s here today. I've been puttering around the yard and sitting on the patio, just enjoying it before it starts getting too hot. There's a tot lot playground across the street with a large grassy space and they were holding a martial arts competition there this morning so that was lots of fun to watch.

<grinning> Wanna know how we tell it's spring in Arizona? There's a mass exodus of RVs pulling cars with out of state plates on them, all heading north or east. I saw two leaving our neighborhood this morning and waved bye-bye. They'll be back in the autumn. They're pretty early for the snow bird exodus tho since the biggest departures will be in April and May.

Deb

Hi, Roxy, Stacey, kat & Deb. It was nice enough today I got to run around in a sweater and leave the jacket in the car, and when we stood in line for over 40 minutes waiting for the shuttle from The Wharf to the seafood festival the sun was out in force and there was almost no breeze! Last year we went to a shuttled even in Orange Beach they had chartered busses to take us; this time it was a taxi service that had one 16-passenger van, two 10-passenger vans, two SUVs and two sedans; and both times we were in line for at leasst forty minutes. They did let one shuttler sit up front with the driver, but it still was awful little awfully late. Events in Gulf Shores use small tour busses, and several of them. I told DH I think from now on I'd rather attend the seafood festival in Gulf Shores.

Girls, I love to hear about the weather from all parts of the globe, I must confess that I do like a dry heat, I hate the humidity and wonder about our neighbours above us in the tropics and wonder how they cope. By the time you will be reading this our temps have come down a little and we have had some drizzly rain, But it hasn`t even wet our concrete it`s so fine. Not sure about living in the snow but it is great to visit. In winter we grumble about the cold, but you guys would laugh at us. Where we live we my get a couple of light frosts, plenty of fog including pea soupers, and if we are unluky we make get some ice on the top our birdbaths. Sorry Kathie no spare room, our family keeps coming home and each time there is an head or two.Brick walls are bulging, and we live inland from Newcastle, about 2hrs above Sydney. We went to Texas in 2000 with our winter coats, we froze and purchased some more, they were great but we are unable wear them, now we sre home.

Wanna know how we tell it's spring in Arizona? There's a mass exodus of RVs pulling cars with out of state plates on them, all heading north or east. I saw two leaving our neighborhood this morning and waved bye-bye. They'll be back in the autumn. They're pretty early for the snow bird exodus tho since the biggest departures will be in April and May.

Before you know it the Florida license plates will be returning to Maine.

I'd love to return to Arizona.

Yesterday was lovely, sunny, in the upper 40's, and feeling warmer than that. DS and I ran some errands and people kept remarking on how nice the weather was.

Today is cloudy, right now it's 39 and not predicted to get much warmer. Back into the 20's starting tomorrow. Lots and lots of snow, even with the melting that went on yesterday.Our street is covered in thick frozen snow and ice with deep ruts and ice pools. The car bumped and careened down it yesterday.

It was in the high 80's in Tampa this weekend. We took the kids fishing at the beach yesterday afternoon, and there were plenty of swimmers in the water. It was warm when we got home 2 hours ago, but a cold rain cooled things down a bit.

I heard some celestial growling in the night, nothing like the night before, but all the Bahama shutter slats were lined with droplets and the driveway is very wet this AM; at least it had stopped long enough for me to take the garbage out last night.