So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

It has been sleeting for hours, we probably have more than 1/2" of ice, and it's still going, may change to snow tonight. So another frozen day tomorrow. Yay. It is supposed to get above freezing later in the day, so hopefully enough will melt and go away and not freeze for Friday... We'll see. At least we still have power, crossing fingers it stays on.

Everybody stay safe and warm.

Holly, the more northern parts of town started getting snow yesterday, there was quite a bit, with still more. They are predicting a few places getting over 6", which is unheard of here. With us being souther, we are kinda right in the ice/snow line, and our stuff didn't start until about 20 hours later than other places. We are expected to get up to an inch of snow here tonight, and I'm thankful it's not worse than it is. But no matter how much of whatever, I am staying put! And luckily, pretty much everyone else is too, and we don't have the crazy that we did a couple weeks ago.

I just hope Peggi & Riley aren't out in it!

They're too smart for that.

My sis's surgery is supposed to be Friday in Atlanta. She's wondering when she'll get the rescheduling phone call.

They're too smart for that.

My sis's surgery is supposed to be Friday in Atlanta. She's wondering when she'll get the rescheduling phone call.

Yeah... There's a real possibility for that I'm afraid. I had a checkup appt tomorrow, got that cancellation call this evening.

I hope she's safe and warm, and that it gets rescheduled quickly, or not at all. I believe it's much worse where she is than where I am.

A group of kids from the boys' school is supposed to be leaving tomorrow for a mission trip to Jamaica. I'm hoping that the flight isn't cancelled, and that everyone can get to the airport safely. It's an early morning flight, when the roads will still be bad. I've been worrying about that all day, hopefully Lawson will be able to find out tomorrow if they left.

Wow, what a beautiful afternoon! 46 and sunny, was windy earlier but that has died down too.

When I woke up this morning it was snowing and there was an inch of ice/snow on the ground. It is all gone now, just tiny patches in very shady spots. The kids are pretty disappointed, they were hoping for one more day home, but I don't see that happening.

Kathie, has your sister heard about her surgery? I'm not sure what it's like on the north part of town, but down here it's all good and fine. Hopefully she'll still be able to get it done.

It was still overcast when we had to get out of the house this AM or start throwing heavy objects, and by the time we got to the filling station in town the sun was coming out, and by the time we finished lunch it was warm enough to shed jackets!

Tracy, I just talked to Helen. She's good to go tomorrow. She says most of winter has melted away in Powder Springs, too. Strange how the national news is still showing pictures of kids sliding on ice-covered hills.

That's great news Kathie! I'm sure there might be a few places that still has snow, but not many. And we had it until noon, maybe those pictures are from this morning! That's funny though. You know, one of the Sheriffs made a proclamation canceling Valentine's? Rather postponing it through the weekend, so no man would get in trouble because he couldn't make it out. Haha! Brian actually thought ahead, and got me roses Tuesday. :)

Are you going to be able to visit Ernie's Attic this visit?

Have a safe trip!

I'm going to preface this by saying that I don't work for the Arizona Chamber of Commerce, but if I did, this would be the new state slogan:

<ducking for cover from all the snowballs hurled my way>

Deb

post-329-0-38521600-1392485486_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It was gorgeous, if a bit on the chilly side. The equestrian center is all open, so although we were out of the worst of the wind we still had breeze AND chill under the roof. The agility trials were loads of fun, lots of smart dogs, some doing this for the first time and others just having so much fun they didn't care what order they did things in! I want to go back and watch again tomorrow. I will wear my Pepperskins and take my shawl along.

As we came out of the grocery store a gentleman on a big three-wheeler motorcycle whipped into the space two down from us; since I ride a 27-speed road trike, I had to stop and admire his machine; turns out it's brand new, so he was overjoyed to share all about it with both DH & me. While I'm not quite ready to take on a beast like that (it only gets 32mpg and when I finally replace my PT Cruiser I want at least 40+mpg), I love to let people brag on their play pretties.

Oh,my word,our local weatherman just said we'll have temperatures in the 70s all next week!! I cannot believe it-maybe I will finally stop hurting in my bones for awhile and get something done! I want to finish the D.C. Ashley by the end of the month,so I can get out my Orchid kit and get going on it. When it's cold and damp I hurt and just have no motivation! I'm sorry for those who are still freezing and really hope it warms up for y'all soon!!

The weather report says rain and temps in the 50's at the end of the week. Sounds good to me!! :-)

Enjoy your warm weather Kat !

I have a couple of online orders in the works for roses and perennials , Spring will be here before we know it, and I cannot wait !! :-)

• Like 1