So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

I've had mostly fog out here today-very creepy in the woods!

Holly,another animal story you reminded me of-in the mid 60s my older brother had a pet flying squirrel a neighbor boy had caught as a baby. I know-we couldn't do that these days...anyhoo,when we were being packed up by the movers to go out to Cailifornia in the summer of '65,somebody got all mixed up and my mother thought Grandma got Peter,the squirrel and took him home with her,as was planned.

There were no cell phones to call and check in,etc.,of course,so it was forgotten all about. Until we were in our new home in California and Mom began unpacking. I didn't witness it,but when she got to one of the boxes that had toys in it,she freaked out-the smell was overwhelming. The packers had put the squirrel cage in the toy box... we don't know how they could have been so stupid. The cage was covered with a towel,but still! Needless to say,she burned the contents of that box-I have no idea what toys were in it,but they were totally ruined!

Gloria,Yes,they are nearly as destructive as the wild pigs-but in much smaller areas. We had an armadillo making a deep burrow/nest at the foot of the porch for awhile the first year here-we had to keep filling the hole. But,as our outside cats have increasingly taken over the porch as their hang out,evidently the armored creature decided to find other accomodations. Holly,did you mean baby Conures-as in the parrot? If so,I totally agree-in fact most baby birds are hideous at first aren't they?lol

Barbara,I just heard of coy-wolves for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Nature is a trip!! So bad about the livestock! I hope they can find a solution,but I know it will be hard....

Okay,sorry to go off topic again! I am really enjoying not having to run the heater,for a short while,anyway. It will be May before we really get to enjoy it here,at least before I will be consistently warm! I just don't get this creepy fog today. I thought it was going to pour down raining,which I'd prefer at this point!

...Holly,did you mean baby Conures-as in the parrot?...

Yes. I haven't been able to spell worth a darn since going through nursing school. Once you learn how to spell things like cholecysectomy and hemorrhoid, normal words leave the brain!

A couple more inches of the white stuff last night and cold like winter out here in the high country. :cold: I don't know what the roads are like but our 2 mile long dirt road never gets salt or plowed so I am home today. I am not in the mood to slide into a ditch!

Clear and DANG cold. Holed up watching the opening ceremonies. The "doves of peace" looked an awful lot like jellyfish of peace to me. And Paige and Rudy (Canada, Pairs Figure Skating) look like they are having a BLAST.

they are from SK, train in MB, and I judged them when they were kids. Now they are at the Olympics!

Barb, I thought the same thing about the doves. It sort of worked in the long shots, but in the closeups ihe illusion fell apart. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation. The light illusions were fantastic. The history seemed a bit uneven, but I guess the host country can say whatever they want about themselves however they want to say it. :D I gave it a thumbs up. :thumb: