2013 Spring Fling Contest Results

Mini Man

Edit: If I recall correctly, previous gallery photos included the blurb submitted with the photos. At first I was disappointed that they are missing this year, but then I realized that I was busy really looking at the photos and didn't need to be told what they represent. It was more satisfying to immerse in the scene than to read about it.

I was wondering about that too and also, were they linked to the persons album so you could see the "rest of the story"? Other years we didn't have the Pitstop thread to try to track folks entries ahead of time so maybe they thought some of those things were redundant.

Wow.. I'm in a honored place to be amongst these amazing artists!

Congratulations to all the fine winners! I also want to that all you fine folks that entered and cheered us on, it was a amazing experience and I am so happy to be part of the Greenleaf family ;)

hugs and pats all around!!!

• Like 4

Congrats!!! So happy for the winners and it sure sounded like everyone had a great time with the planning. Bravo Miss Kelly! Bravo! enjoy the spending spree, I know youll make good use of the loot ;-)

• Like 1

Congratulations Kelly,Jane,Sandy,and Morgan! I'm personally so grateful to have had this opportunity to see so much talent and camaraderie come together in one spot! The way you all worked so hard and boosted each other through it all was so fun and inspiring,and proof of the sweetness that this hobby holds for so many! I hope it inspires lots of others to participate in the Fling next year! Meanwhile I hope participants in the Fling who are not yet members of the forum will join us here! Again,thanx for all the fun,ladies! YA-HOOOO!

• Like 1

From Twinkle:

Thank you all for the nice comments you have made about my build.

I say fantastic job to all the people who entered the contest and to all the winners I say congratulations.

• Like 3

This will probably be the last entry on this forum, but just to clear the air since the subject was hot and heavy here at one point, I wanted to note that I just ordered the half-scale laser-cut Diana dollhouse from Greenleaf (amongst a bunch of other things, including the front-opening Gloucester).

We shall see just how easy I find working in half scale <grin!>

• Like 1

.... I just ordered the half-scale laser-cut Diana dollhouse from Greenleaf (amongst a bunch of other things, including the front-opening Gloucester). We shall see just how easy I find working in half scale <grin!>

Sounds exciting Mandy. Your work is quite detailed so these will, no doubt, be stunning. Can't wait to see pictures ....

Someday maybe I can get my SF finished - when I finally can get some big strong guys to assist with the last of the carrying of the parts. Probably by then, everyone else will have finished all their new projects and won't remember what the SF was. hahahaha !!!!

Everything in it's time I guess.

Thanks, Selkie. Did anyone else take advantage of the GL "secret" sale? That, and my gift certificate bought a whole bunch of goodies! Along with the sale, if you purchased more than $60 (I think), you got a free village kit! Those kits are 1/4" scale. Oh, my! If I was leery about half scale, this should really be interesting!

Doesn't matter when you work on your minis! Kathie is so right. So many of us find that this is such a wonderful outlet as a "get away from it all" escape, that we have tunnel vision while working on our minis -- I know that I do! In this day and age -- and especially those of us who have so many other obligations, we absolutely need this kind of time! Am I preaching to the choir here? I think we need a new forum for the post-SF "Oh, what I am gonna do next" blues! Betcha they won't stay "blues" for very long -- not once this group gets going! We can even hold our own contest! Speaking of contests, I do believe I was the only one who guessed at Monday, Nov. 25th, as when we'd get the news of the SF winners :bigwink:

I just love that little town, and I always wanted to set up a train set. Of course, the little town was a freebie (GL sale and, I believe, if you spend >$60, you had your choice), but the train set, on the other hand... well, a little story here: I brought one home for my husband's birthday a number of years ago, and he made me take it back because he thought it was much too expensive! It kind of was, at about $400! At that was just for the basics! I can't even think about going there. It's not just the cost of a train set. It's the cost of moving house so that I can fit all these goodies!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...