Another Stolen Mini

CheckMouse

Here's the story from Janet Cordell ...

Hitty Sequoia

Sequoia is my own doll. She disappeared from my table at the Dayton Woodcarving Show, November 9, 2013, and is presumed stolen. When last seen, she was wearing a dark blue flowered dress with a tatted lace collar, shown in the picture at the bottom of the page. She has traveled with me for several year, and is of great personal value to me. If you have any information about her, please let me know from the contact page on this website. No questions will be asked, and I'll believe anything you tell me about how you acquired her or came to know of her.

The owner is asking us to keep our eyes open on eBay or other selling sites in case the doll shows up there. Here is her website with more information, including pictures:

www.janetcordell.com/sequoia.html

• Like 1

Heartbreaking! She's a beautiful distinct doll that looks like she's an antique and very valuable. I'm so glad so many of you have Facebook and blogs to help get the word out. I'll keep my eyes open as I browse eBay.

People are terrible some times... I have the same problem with my commissioned hand maid stove for my Biedermeier Roombox... I sent nearly a month ago my payment (via mail-I 've done it iseveral times n the past for UK and I didnt have any problem) to E. Boutard on Australia and she mailed me that she didnt receive it yet or it is perhaps stolen... I hope it is just a delay (mails from Greece to Australia take usually some time to deliver...) If it is stolen I would be very disappointed! It costed me 115 Australian dollars (85 euros) and I was saving 3 weeks for it... It was intented to be my Christmas present! I dont know what to think... I went to my regions postal office and mailed it in the box as usual. It was a common letter envelope nothing to arouse suspicion for a thief I mean... I dont believe she lied me... She wrote me that the worse think is to be suspicious toward her... Hopefully is just a terrible delay... I am very sad & angry too :furious: I can understand your loss...

Horrible ! I can't believe people have such sticky fingers. I was told be my Nanny (grandma) many years ago that if you can't afford it, you don't need it. I have raised both my boys with the same thought. It is horrible that people would steal something like this. In my eyes it's a luxury, not a must have... Food would be a must have. I asked my Nanny several years after that about food, can you steal food, cause we need it. I was about 10 years old. I remember her saying.... If it don't belong to you then it's not yours and you don't steal no matter what. I've never stolen anything except ink pens, lol, seems I pick them up and forget to put them back... But I'm sure we are guilty of that.

I hope she gets her back, she's a beauty.

...I've never stolen anything except ink pens, lol, seems I pick them up and forget to put them back... But I'm sure we are guilty of that...

Not me. When I worked retail I got sick and tired of pens walking off with customers; when I worked at Lionel Play World our stockmen were really light-fingered; so I always made sure my pens had tops on them, and whenever I handed anyone my pen to use I held onto the cap, and when they started to put my pen into a pocket or purse, they usually noticed; and when they didn't I suggested they return my pen before it leaked ballpoint ink all over wherever they were going to put it.

I really hope Hitty makes it back home!

Wish I'd known that great trick when I was a cashier umpteen years ago,Holly-I tried putting my name in big letters on pens with masking tape,but to little avail! Some regulars would bring them back in,but not many. The worst was when I had to take them back from my coworkers! But,yes,I have done it myself,I'm afraid-most of us are only human that way! But outright theft of a person's darling little doll is rotten! Shame on the dummy who took her!

I'm beginning to think that everyone who displays mini's at these shows needs to come equiped with one of those plexiglass "sneeze" guards that you find at buffet restaurants. As a matter of fact ...it's not a bad idea at all. So much time, energy and heart is put into the little things we do I think we need to start protecting our treasures with more than our eyes. Something the length of the table, with 4 sides, (front, top and sides) about 8 inches high and 12 inches deep. Easy for us to access from our side of the table and just enough of a deterant to keep greedy fingers off the goods.

Alexander, I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience. This is becoming a depressing topic. I hope these things turn up!

Emily send me a mail this morning... It is over a month and the payment yet is not arrived. It is pressumably stolen. A fellow postman told her that people some time look the letters on light and if they see money they take them... Still, she is kind enough to offer me as a present for my trouble a cheaper version made out of stiff card! I'll have it for Christmas afterall... I'll send her in return some mini tems for her collecetion. :banana:

• Like 1

Alexander, so sorry to hear about your lost payment. So many unscrupulous people out there...this is just another example that makes folks afraid to buy from vendors who are outside the country...and another reason to only send money by PayPal. I'm kind of surprised that in this day and age your vendor hasn't set up a PP account - no banking information has to be exchanged and money can be passed back and forth between you with no fees. You can send payments for goods or money to family and friends with no charge as long as you use a checking account with a debit card. Using a credit card there is a nominal fee that is less than $2.00. No more cash or M.O's in the mail and no more worrying because if you don't get your merchandise the payment can be reversed.

• Like 1