What have You used Spackle For Other than the Usual Purpose?

Roxxie2

Also, adding paint to tint anything, even white to get a tint of the color, less is more, and it takes MUCH less than you think it will. Adding one tiny drop at a time and mixing well and thoroughly will save you a lot of OMGs later.

Oh,yes,adding paint to it is so cool! I experimented and played around with adding paint to spackle a few months ago,and as long as you do like y'all say,a bit at a time,for me it came out a paler,but very pretty version of the paint color I was experimenting with. I might have been able to go darker,but I didn't waste my spackle at the time.... :p Now,I have plenty to play with!

On this current house,my interior walls are going to be white,so I guess I could even leave the spackle unpainted,as it is pure white when dry...hmmm. Saves more paint for the exterior!

On this current house,my interior walls are going to be white,so I guess I could even leave the spackle unpainted,as it is pure white when dry...hmmm.

Painting does help seal it though so if it is bumped it won't get a chip or knick as easily or use a clear sealer of some sort.

It never occurred to me to add paint to spackle to tint it! Duh! Good idea! Also, my spackle "snow" on the roof did chip off a bit. I painted it with sparkly paint and sprayed with Modge Podge and that helped seal it ok.

Off the subject a little but Kat didn't you mention you were going to put a fireplace in your house? I made several fire places using parts of those little MIchael's hutches! If you are interested I will see if I can find a picture of one that I have made. )

• Like 1

I think I may score and paint some foamboard and grout it with spackle,(a la Stacey) since it has to be a teeny tiny 12 scale one-if I still do it. I do have a couple of Michael's hutches left in my stash,so yes,yes! I'd love to see yours,Roxy. :)

Well Kat, I hunted through my photos and you can't see the fireplace that well. I made my fireplace moveable so when I packed up the dollhouses I could keep all the pieces safe by wrapping them individually. I will have to look through my boxes of furniture and find the dang fireplace! I also built a woodstove which you can see in the Folk Art House in my blog. I also used a Michael's Hutch for that! :p

• Like 1