Favorite Holiday Dollhouses

kat57

Since we're swiftly heading toward the holiday season,I thought it'd be fun to share some of our favorite holiday builds-ones we have done,or as in my case,something you've seen than someone else did. I'm including a link-with my son's assistance!-to a Dura-Craft Ashley done in the 'Putz' ,or glitter house style. I hope you think it's as pretty as I do and will share a favorite here,too! ^_^

http://miniatures.about.com/od/showphotos/ig/-Dollhouses-Seattle-Spring-2011/Sugar-Plum-Cottage.htm

• Like 4

Surely you must have a favorite Holiday build? I have plenty more favorites and will post them as I find them in our galleries and online. This one I shared the link to is so different from any way I've seen the Ashley done,and I have not seen too many 12 scale dollhouses covered in glitter! Fun,fun,fun!

I think they are all so beautiful! Good Idea for a thread Kat! :)

I kind of like my own Gingerbread House ( I know, its not nice to toot your own horn) but I had fun building it!!! :)

See my blog for the inside.

http://roxysminithings.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-04-20T09:59:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=7&by-date=false

• Like 5

Thanx for that one,Paula! I'll go back and see the whole thing later,but it is so wonderful! And Roxy,you better toot that horn loud:your gingerbread house is adorable! Gingerbread dollhouses are so cool! Didn't someone here do a Gingerbread Buttercup? It would be ideal for it. I may do a Gingerbread Ashley and an Ashley in the putz style,since two more of that kit are already in my stash. But,I'd love to do a Sweetheart or a Buttercup in a holiday theme!

• Like 1

Since Holly posted her White Orchid, here's my own White Orchid Christmas house. I made it to look like elves living in a hollowed out mushroom. Interesting that we both put little guardians on the front steps. :)

The White Orchid was a limited run made from plastic. It had such a creamy white surface that I couldn't bear to cover it. It immediately brought to mind a red-capped mushroom. Since the elves who would be living in it were quite small, the interior was bashed to 1:24 scale, and a new stairway was "carved" out of the interior of the mushroom to accommodate little legs and to hide the battery pack that powers the lights.

• Like 1

Kathie, that is so cute! The staircase is wonderful and I love the mushrooms. The elves sleeping quarters, just adorable!!!

Holly, I like yours too. I like the glass staining on the windows and I love the nutcrackers on the front!

Gina, your detailing on your gingerbread house is perfect! Love how you used a Wilton cake plate as the base for it!

I don't think there were more than 200-something White Orchid kits made, sort of like a test thingummy, and we got them in a special offer Dean made to clear them out. Adhesives were, I remember, a major issue. I couldn't get MEK to hold and that's how I discovered E6000!