Buttercup or Chantilly? Opinions anyone?

morgansmith

Well........I decided on the Chantilly and its plans are made. End of story. NOT! The half scale Buttercup sits before me in dry fit and I am in love. Hmmmmm...it may get built first, I may start my Chantilly tomorrow. One thing for sure, the Chantilly will require tons of prep so I have started that and we'll see how fast it happens. I'm planning to bid on a couple of fun items on ebay. I want the Chantilly done right. Yep. A bit more planning. In the meantime, I'll start my first half scale Buttercup. First, ha! I plan many now. Why?

This is my first Greenleaf half scale. I did not realize the wood was more delicate than full scale. This little cottage is ten times cuter in person. Photos do not do it justice. I'm gonna have some fun!

Ok, the Chantilly represents strength & courage. What will the Buttercup represent?

• Like 2

For sure this little Buttercup wants to have some fun. I am realy thinking the Chantilly will start soon though. I need to find a particular scrapbook paper I've misplaced, buy flooring and more trim and printer ink, before I start. I have papers I have to reduce. But as soon as that's all together...You see, we are in the middle of putting in all new flooring. Everything is packed/condensed and in the wrong spot. If it's not in the bedroom, good luck.

Now...we have 'The Little Mouse House of Courage and Strength'. That's the Chantilly. I want the Buttercup to be a companion piece. It can also be a Christmas Cottage. Any house can be if you decorate right :) So it needs a title. The Silly Little Mouse House?

• Like 1

Maybe it is the Home of the angel mouse - a place filled with brightness and light and love. Where the angel mouse cooks up love in a sweet little kitchen and repairs tattered wings by a cozy little firelit sewing spot. Maybe there is restoring music being created too.

• Like 2

Maybe it is the Home of the angel mouse - a place filled with brightness and light and love. Where the angel mouse cooks up love in a sweet little kitchen and repairs tattered wings by a cozy little firelit sewing spot. Maybe there is restoring music being created too.

More chills on that one, Selkie. I JUST decided it should be an angel theme, possibly, and put a half scale angel inside the dry fit not even 5 minutes ago. You only got one point completely wrong :) My cottage won't have a kitchen. I hate to cook. I love to do miniatures, sew, knit, read...I will have a fireplace and the window seat. I'm thinking a shabby white theme because that seems very angelic to me. But I enjoy the concept of silly angels. Angels that have a sense of humor, are imperfect...shabby. We'll see. All I know is it must work with my Chantilly.

For anyone who hasn't seen my posts about my big houses, I don't have the room to work on them right now. I need the smaller projects and really prefer 1/4 & 1/2 scale most of the time. They just don't make the Beacon Hill in half scale :( Maybe someday???

• Like 1

Christmas Mouse House? Now I want to build one! ( a Christmas Mouse house)! Those little flocked mouse characters ( I don't know what you call them) would be really cute!

I will be glad when I can post pics. My Fling has needle felted mice and they are adorable. I got them from a fantastic artist on etsy.

Mistletoe Mouse House is a really cute name and would work for an angel. I'm thinking "It's a Wonderful life" and Clarence explaining how every time a bell rings an angel gets it's wings. Your Christmas decorations could include a kissing ball. :)

Roxy, are you thinking of the Sylvanian animal families?

Morgan, all the half scale houses (except the Fairfield) are lasercut from the birch faced plywood. It's really nice to work with. The Buttercup is so adorable it does make you fall in love. :)

• Like 1

If anyone reads romances, I think it's Debbie Macomber that does a series about three angels named Shirley, Goodness and Mercy. It's seriously cute.

On the "Michael" theme, you could still make your Buttercup a gingerbread house for your angel mouse.

Since David wrote "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life" I think I'll stick with the guardian angel I have; he's done a pretty good job of keeping me here.

• Like 2

I am super excited to start the Chantilly but there is no escaping the fact I need several more supplies before I start. I used to make two Buttercups a week (sometimes others like the Sweetheart and Ashley, I sold them at a really great flea market) so I figure once.i start this won't take too long. Then, I can be ready for the Chantilly. It's going to take awhile :)

Mice & angels. Christmas. I've got a plan. We'll see if I can make it work!

I used edit to add this PS :)

PS- Mice, angels and COMEDY!

• Like 1

It's funny alright :)

I am an idea person. I'm used to everyone coming to me for creative input. There are few people around me that I can go to for idea sharing, which to be honest, is frustrating. I am very pleasantly surprised by how incredibly helpful and inspiring all of you are in my work. I have already written stories similar to this and didn't see it myself even. It's like, all this great input didn't lead me a new direction, it led me home when I didn't realize I was so lost.

Right now I am debating on exactly which direction I want to go in shabby for this house. That's another funny thing. Some people like shabby, some don't. I have deliberately decorated in shabby since forever and that is LONG before it was a word or accepted style. I was country when country wasn't cool, for sure. I was shabby before anyone else got it. To me, shabby tells a story. If it looks aged, it has been somewhere. It has lived.

• Like 3

Selkie, I bought a baby mouse in a walnut shell, yesterday. BEFORE seeing this link. For real. It's a real walnut shell and needle felted mouse. Evidently, she belongs in this house.

This is a new experience. Two houses, two totally different voices, both speaking to me at once. I am working on the Buttercup and gathering supplies for the Chantilly. Lots of fun. One pastels and white. The other, all kinds of great COLOR! And the purple player piano? I'm working on a centerpiece for the top. We'll see if I win the auction :)

Sounds a bit confusing to have that many directions at once but I surely do understand it because that is how my mind works normally. :eek: It drives my DH crazy because I jump around in one paragraph so many times he can't follow me. :silly: Glad your accessories are coming together for you so nicely.