Time Change

Selkie

I sure kicked myself in the rear! I set the bedroom clock back not remembering it sets itself back automatically, which of course it did.

Janet, you made my morning. This sounds like something I would do :lol:

Did you know this started in WW 1, as a method of extending work hours for the war and farming effort and saving on heat/lighting?

There have been studies done since to see if going on Daylight Savings Time really does cut down on energy consumption. What we gain in the PM, we lose in the AM, so energy use tends to just shift. MPI (MB Public Insurance) sees a sharp increase in accidents, esp when we move the clocks forward.

Saskatchewan doesnt change at all, at all at all.... :bear:

I spent the night in the ER passing a kidney stone!!!! I totally forgot about the time change. I am doing ok but more to come I am sure. Aren't you glad I shared that? :p

Actually, you made me laugh with your To Much Information comment :)

But seriously, I hope you are feeling better soon :hug:

I spent the night in the ER passing a kidney stone!!!! I totally forgot about the time change. I am doing ok but more to come I am sure. Aren't you glad I shared that? :p

Been there several times and they don't get any easier. I feel your pain.

• Like 1

I think this expresses the concept of Daylight Saving/Wasting Time pretty well:

"When told the reason for Daylight Savings Time, the Old Indian said, 'Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket.'" :roflmao:

• Like 5

"When told the reason for Daylight Savings Time, the Old Indian said, 'Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket.'" :roflmao:

Oh, YES! :rofl:

HAHAHAHA!!!! I am sooo sharing this with my sister (Native Studies professor at local university)

I made use of the "extra" hour to hang the Xmas lights, so that I do not have to do so in snow/ice. I won't turn them on for another month, but they are up and there is no snow!

Roxy, you & Jeremy ought to start a club... We were on our way home, so Saturday night we changed our clocks in the camper and Sunday in the truck, and ASA we crossed over the Appalachicola River Monday we change the clocks and watches again, back to our Central Time. So far the clock over the kitchen window is the only one not changed.

• Like 1

Maybe not where you are? I vaguely remember something about some parts of the country not switching to daylight savings time in the spring, but I thought that was just back when I was a little girl.

Maybe not where you are? I vaguely remember something about some parts of the country not switching to daylight savings time in the spring, but I thought that was just back when I was a little girl.

Rodentraiser had a time change - she's just a few miles north of me :) I think Arizona is the only state that doesn't change; not sure about HI and AK.

Yeah, we hadda time change. I just missed it, that's all. A day late and a dollar short.................................lots of dollars short.

I remember one year when Minneapolis did the time change and St. Paul didn't. Those are the Twin Cities right next to each other. What a mess. And for those of you living close to states that didn't change to DST, I know you're in a pickle about your cell phones. Because even if you live in one state, your cell phones ping off a tower in another state and if that state doesn't do the time change, well, neither does your phone!

One year, the province of Newfoundland...which is in its own seperate time zone..half an hr ahead of everyone else in Canada (and the US),,,decided it would be a good idea for tourism to have double daylight time. Debacle. Total debacle! The experiment has never been repeated, :oops: said the provincial govt...bad ideer....