HELP! (Buttercup chimney)

Buffy

Just starting my first build and am having problems with the chimney. I am building the Buttercup and can't make heads or tails of the instructions!!! Anyone have a problem with this? It's probably just me but any advice is welcome. The instructions read "position chimney top to opening" and when I do this it falls straight through as the top is smaller than the chimney. I clearly am missing something and know I am going to be so embarrassed if and when I figure this out!

Thanks

Take a deep breath. You're not missing anything, the instructions aren't that clear. As I recall, the chimney top fits inside the chimney sides and the stack fits inside the opening in the top. I built the stack, then glued it into the top. Built the chimney sides, and then glued the top to the chimney itself. You'll need something to hold the top in place. I think I used some cardstock to create an interior ledge for the top to rest on while the glue set.

There are a second set of instructions available for download with very nice diagrams for the Buttercup. You can find them on this site under downloads. :)

Hope this helps.