What Do I Use To Color The Grout Between Stones

Mary11

When I got ready to grout the BH, I first painted the entire area, then used Mod Podge to seal it. The grout is actual grout similar to the color of mortar, mixed with white glue instead of water. I mixed it in small batches and pushed it between the 'bricks'. The Mod Podge kept it from sticking to the bricks and when it was finished, I applied another coat of to seal the grout.

Stacey beat me to it,but a while back I was wondering if spackle could be colored. I took advice from some members here and added just a touch of acrylic craft paint and then practiced with it on some scrap wood. It dried and hardened just like it should. The color was not as dark,but still looked good. I wound up doing something different,but at least I know it will work. If you do use spackle just test your color on scraps first!

It also depends on the look you want. For dirtied outdoor grout (and your stones, too) you can grate browns, black and grays (and bits of green) of chalk pastels (it doesn't need to be much) and apply them singly or mixed with a small soft bristle brush.