Displaying extra Miniatures

justabitcrazee

Just wondering what everyone else uses to display or store the extra miniatures they have when they aren't in a house. I found that i have WAY more minis than my house actually needs. My grandma just gave me this:

Its an old print press box that she used for years with her miniatures, until it fell off the wall of her new apartment.

SHE WAS GOING TO THROW IT AWAY!!!

A little TLC and it should work beautifully (and look awesome!)

I also have a little bench thing where the top opens up for storage (furniture and whatnot) that I picked up at an auction for $5. My current house is too big to fit on top so I just have plants sitting on it.

post-10541-0-10491600-1382028819_thumb.j

• Like 1

That's a great way to display minis! Right now all of my stuff is in boxes in a closet. :( However, I have great plans to create some 5x7 and 8x10 display boxes to show off a few of my favorite pieces so that I get to enjoy them every day. :)

My extra things are all in plastic tubs ! Even some of my builds are in tubs !!

I have some builds on shelves in my work areas only. DH won't let me put any in the living areas of the house. :teary:

My family (other than the grands: Twinkle, Wisteria and Wireman) don't appreciate them so I don't display mine.

They have theirs in their bedrooms.

I keep hoping DH will change his mind and give me a couple shelves in our mostly unused Living Room.

Things I collected for "future" builds sit in boxes until I'm ready for them. I have Maggie and the two Fairfields in the livingroom and La Casita sits on my desk in our bedroom. Melissa, I notice the picture of your box is in your duplicate post; hopefully one of the mods will merge it soon.

Things I collected for "future" builds sit in boxes until I'm ready for them. I have Maggie and the two Fairfields in the livingroom and La Casita sits on my desk in our bedroom. Melissa, I notice the picture of your box is in your duplicate post; hopefully one of the mods will merge it soon.

Yeah, don't know why that happened :(

I have some multi drawer sorters (like the ones used for nails and such) with clear drawers. They come in big and small sizes and I use these things for keeping my kits and accessories organized that aren't being used in a house. I also keep some furniture stored this way, but right now I've got most of my half scale nice furniture clustered on a shelf in my curio cabinet (with houses on the other shelves) :D

I have several small room boxes that have neutral wallpaper and flooring in them. When I get tired of what's inside I simply pull everything out and put something different inside. I have a lot of things in drawers to choose from.

I have a couple of small room boxes that are decorated with neutral wallpaper and flooring. I pull things out of the drawers to furnish them as the mood suits me. Switching things out can lead to ideas for new, permanent rooms.