What is that strange sound?

Guest Happy Heart

Guest Happy Heart

And WHO'S landed in my back yard?

I saved the file to print one for my Christmas tree, then I got to thinking ... what miniature set would you build?

post-19195-0-34434100-1381098794_thumb.j

I have one that floats and spins, when it isn't parked in front of a half scale mini....attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Okay Deborah, you're going to laugh. I was thinking, how cute, right there by the Buttercup...

Then I looked up on the computer armoire...

post-3297-0-42682800-1381110986_thumb.jp

I forgot that was even there.

The Tardis playset is a couple feet away on top of the entertainment center.

• Like 1

Okay,I'm obviously missing something-hate to ask,but what IS that? :sad?:

Ok don't feel badly Kat. This went around a year ago or so and I had no clue what they were talking about either. I had to go look it up.

That's my biggest defense - don't admit that I'm dumb - try like crazy to figure it out - then later casually ask "brilliant" sounding questions. I know I don't fool anyone except myself but I keep pretending. hahahahah

• Like 1

Dr Who is a BBC TV show that has been around since the 1960s; I became a fan in the 70s, when our local OH PBS station started running it; by then Tom Baker was the Doctor; by now they're up to Dr # 10 or 11.

I think a printie version would go better with the printie Tardis (the Tardis makes a really strange raspy sound as it materializes and dematerializes on its way through time). At one time I went on a hunt through thrift stores for really old, tarnished individual-size salt cellars; I thought they'd make nifty Dalek bodies.

Oh,thank you,Selkie! I asked my 24 year old about it,and he says he is in the same position you are: he just knows what he's read about it on the internet. So now I don't feel so left out!!

Love it Tracy!

I don't have action figures, just the Tardis (it's like one of those floating globes). Very fun!

Kat, the eleventh Doctor (actor Matt Smith) is about to be replaced by the 12th Doctor.

I don't watch TV, but we download Doctor Who :D

Amazing isn't it,Roxie? Can't believe I've lived 56 years and had no idea this show has been going on for decades! Some of my now cancelled CBS soaps ran some really long spells,but this sci-fi show must have the record,now...It's on PBS? I can't understand how I've never seen it,or never heard of or saw a 'TARDIS' before today. I thought "Dr.Who" was an old '60s movie or a rock band!!LOL Yep,something new every day! :ohyeah:

DS#2 gifted us with Fawlty Towers on VHS several years ago; wish I could find it on DVD! Black Adder was my favorite Rowland Atkinson character this side of Johnny English! Those crocheted Daleks are too cute!

• Like 1

Amazing isn't it,Roxie? Can't believe I've lived 56 years and had no idea this show has been going on for decades! Some of my now cancelled CBS soaps ran some really long spells,but this sci-fi show must have the record,now...It's on PBS? I can't understand how I've never seen it,or never heard of or saw a 'TARDIS' before today. I thought "Dr.Who" was an old '60s movie or a rock band!!LOL Yep,something new every day! :ohyeah:

I'm right there with you - never heard of it either !

Oh,good,Stacey! I was beginning to wonder "Where have I been for 50 years?"!haha! Well,you,me,Roxie,and Selkie -up until last year,anyway-anyone else? I think it sounds intriguing,from what I know now,and to last that long it must be,I guess. :) Now I gotta Google roku and check out the other 2 shows mentioned....I've watched PBS for years...how'd I miss all this...? :ohmy:

I'm right there with you - never heard of it either !

I think Doctor Who has really become more main stream here only recently. It's always had a disturbed (tongue in cheek) cult following here :lol: but now more people know about the show.

I knew of it as some weird show my DH watched as a kid that I'd never seen. Then after the reboot (with Eccleston) DH convinced me to watch an episode and I'm hooked. :D