Sculpting Clay Figures

HalloweenGhost

Thank you,Casey! The Princess and The Pea doll is adorably funny! I bet now I can find some of those dolls that were mentioned in the old post. This is good! :D

Stacey,Your new creation sounds like fun-good for you! Can't wait to see Crazy Maizey unveiled! ^_^

• Like 1

Her work is amazing!!! The expressions & details are so real !!! I haven't came across Grandma O'Lantern yet , kind of curious now. Bathilda Bagshot is what I picture Maizey looking something like - at least the hair.

• Like 1

HalloweenGhost,you might get a kick out of Granny Autumn,with her pumpkin head and wire rim glasses,and a scared little pumpkin head kid sitting on her lap!lol

Ooh,Stacey,if you can do something like Bathilda Bagshot's wild hair,that will be so cool!

It'll take me days to get through all the albums properly-one has to go to work!-and I'm usually not even much of a doll fan! I looove the late Marcia Backstrom's wonderful dolls and a couple other miniature artists who's full names I can't think of right now-but these Creager dolls are very cool!

• Like 1

I think of my little folks as crude versions of James Carrington's wonderful creations. Marcia Bagstrom is another. "Granny Autumn" is the one I called Grandma O'Lantern. Their pumpkin heads are wonderful! and the expression on the child's face puts me in mind of some of the late Norman Rockwell's paintings.

Okay,Holly,James Carrington is one of the artists I was trying to think of-I couldn't quite formulate his whole name and kept 'seeing' Jamie-but yes,I think he is one of the very best,too! Cool!

By the way,I bet you've seen the Norman Rockwell self-portrait miniature,a sculpted version of the classic illustration of him doing a self-portrait-no idea who did it and off-topic,but you made me think of it!:)

I actually cried when I read of her passing-and I only know her by the fact of seeing her wonderful dolls in mini mags for years,and now online,never having had the chance to see one in person. :( But if you see enough of her work,even just photos,you can pick hers out in a group-not that they are a stale,cookie-cutter style,not at all,but just,oh,just so wonderful!! :wub:

Casey, I haven't been able to spell worth a durn since Nursing school. I can spell cholecysectomy, but not names. Thanks for the correction. I love her dolls, too. Another doll artist I enjoy but will never reach her level is Pearl Jordan.