Omaha Miniature Show & Sale April 4-5, 2014 (Cancelled)

Blondie

• 2 weeks later...

Blondie, I hadn't noticed you were over in that neck of the woods! We are still considering moving to NE, though now it's postponed till Spring or Summer. How far are you from Norfolk NE? Maybe I can make it to the Omaha event!

I have a friend Barbara whose birthday is April 4. I have been to all 50 states, and two of my friends hope to match my record. Nebraska is one state Barbara has yet to visit, so it would be nice if I can convince her to spend her birthday in Omaha. Her nephew lives in Kansas, and we like road trips, so hey, that is always a possibility. I would love to visit Nebraska again.

• Like 1

I am about 160 miles from Norfolk. I live about 5 miles south of I-80, so very easy to get here. I don't know where in Iowa Blondie is located, but it sure would be fun to have a get together!!

Once you get moved I would LOVE to get together. I am actually located about 5 miles south of I-80, so easy to get to, and easy to find! Or we could meet somewhere.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It is with a VERY heavy heart that I must announce the cancellation of the Omaha Show & Sale. We were not able to get enough vendors, so we had to cancel it. Perhaps one day we will have a show in Omaha again, but not this year. If you're in the Midwest, I highly recommend attending the Quad Cities Show. Here is the information for that: http://metrominimakers.homestead.com/Show.html

Blondie, sorry to hear of the cancellation. What a disappointment for you and the others in your group. Thank you for posting the information about the Branson and Davenport shows. I've penciled in both on my calendar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Blondie -- have the group look at different dates. Trying to hold a show the week before the Bishop and 3 Blind Mice Chicago shows is tough for any vendor. That is why I would not be able to attend. Cincinnati is trying to hold one the same weekend. There will be hundreds of vendors at Bishop and 3BM and the booth cost is more than most other shows. Between the cost, the projected attendance and the commitment required you would be hard pressed to get vendors.

I think you might be successful with a different date. I would even be willing to commit as long as it isn't in September or October (Indy, Louisville, St. Louis all have shows then).

Promoting can be tough, just know that the big Chicago show is always the same week in April and has classes and such all week long.

• Like 2