long term blu-tak?

Contrary Housewife

Probably, it will eat a hole in your minis. Just kidding. My experience in real life is that it didn't work all that well and left behind a greasy mess. That coupled with the crazy blue color are the reasons I never used it in my dollhouses. Now, they do make it in white, but the time I used the that in real life, it just plain didn't work.

Eta: Try museum wax.

• Like 1

I don't know about blue-tak, but I've recently experimented with museum wax, museum gel, and museum putty. All three were under the brand name "QuakeHold".

The museum gel was okay, but didn't work well on vertical surfaces (it eventually runs). The museum wax worked fine, but it's messy. I love the museum putty.

In addition to generally holding things in place, I use a glob of it on the end of a stick to hold tiny bits when I'm painting them.

I found a white poster putty that's kneadable in the school supply section at Wally Worls a few years back that I have been using off of in bits and pieces. I do notice when I want to move something it leaves a wee "dry" looking spot where it's been; I give it a few squeezes and it's ready to hold again. I used some of it to hold the window and door trims on my unpainted Magnolia for the Team Magnolia blog, so I could take the doors and windows off to do the bashing, decorating and finishing off the build.

Selkie tried the Moveable Miniatures glue.

We used it on one of the kids entries for the fair. It worked great on the bottom of the character she had in her scene and it is removable - left no stain on the wood. (see Daddy's Dream House in gallery)

However we tried it on the wheels of the truck and it didn't work for that. I didn't expect it would because the force of the wheels turning put too much pressure on it.

Have not tried it yet for a wall decoration. Maybe in my SF I will. I'll report back when I do.

I've had bad stains left from the blue-tak putties and the waxes. They are not on my fav list.

• Like 1