Good evening all!

CindyS

Hello, my name is Cindy. My first taste of miniatures is when I was a teenager my Mom bought me a 10 room Victorian which I built and decorated myself. I don't recall what happened to the house but I kept all of the furniture. A couple of years ago I bought my step-daughter a Dura-craft Hillsdale and I was hooked all over again. I acquired a vintage Duracraft Victorian mansion, which is complete, all but finishing the lighting and decorating. I will download some pictures of these two soon. I recently picked up the vintage Duracraft Shenandoah, but I am desperately searching for the directions. It is the SD185. I was able to get the directions for the SD187, but they are different. So if anyone out there can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I am dying to get started.

I would also like to say that I have viewed alot of the member's galleries and I am absolutely blown away at the creativity that you all have displayed. You are an inspiration.

Thanks,

Cindy in Texas

Welcome to the forums Cindy! We are sure happy to have ya! I cannot wait to see pics of your houses you have completed so far! I dont know of anyone that has directions for that particular house, but someone on here might have some ;) best of luck finding those. I'll keep my eyes out for them!

-Jenny

Cindy it do sound as if you have sort of come back to the minis in a big way ;) and isn't that fun??? Really looking forward seeing your pictures as the mentioning of big mansions sorts of sets of my imagination somehow....

Welcome to the forum, I know for a fact that you will get loads of hints and tips and inspiration!!!

Hugs

Hi and welcome! I definately want to see pic's of your victorian mansion! I have the kit but it will be quite awhile before i get to building it. It's really hard to find pic's of one that has been built however. ;)

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to the neighborhood! ;) I'm so glad that your passion for dollhouses was rekindled. What a wonderful hobby to share with your step daughter. I think it's probably the best family hobby I've run across :lol: Of course I could be a wee bit prejudiced toward it (Who me?? No way! ;) LOL) Anyway welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some of your houses and I hope you find the instructions you need. I haven't picked up a Shenandoah. I took a look under "Questions about a Particular House" and then did a quick search there for Shenandoah and found someone else who needed the instructions. It looks like there's a member who has them but I don't remember her so I'm not sure if she' an active member still - here's a link to the thread and you can try to PM her if you like. Or you might have to repost and ask again and hopefully someone will have them :lol: Hope this helps some

Shenandoah thread

:lol: - David