Rosedale for my niece

Blondie

Oh, thank you! I feel kind of silly making a whole thread for my own build, but I like sharing and hearing about other Rosedales, so I certainly don't regret it! :)

I didn't get a chance to do any trim painting today. Only 20 days left, so I need to speed up! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!

• Like 1

I've been really bogged down with Real Life job stuff, so I have barely had time to even look at the Rosedale. WAH.

My new plan:

1. Get all of the windows and outer trim finished.

2. Work on inner baseboards and crown molding/trim.

Worst case scenario, the inner trim is unfinished, and I'll complete it at a later date when I go to visit Little. As long as the outside kit work is done, I'll be happy for sure. :D I'll be ANNOYED if the inside isn't finished on time, :badmood: but it won't be the end of the world. :bounce:

• Like 1

I've been really bogged down with Real Life job stuff, so I have barely had time to even look at the Rosedale. WAH.

My new plan:

1. Get all of the windows and outer trim finished.

2. Work on inner baseboards and crown molding/trim.

Worst case scenario, the inner trim is unfinished, and I'll complete it at a later date when I go to visit Little. As long as the outside kit work is done, I'll be happy for sure. :D I'll be ANNOYED if the inside isn't finished on time, :badmood: but it won't be the end of the world. :bounce:

Yep, good plan. When I did the Tennyson for my niece, I didn't quite have everything done in time either. I still had inside window trim, and the stairs. She came here to visit, so the day after she got it she helped me paint and sand trim. She was so tickled to "actually be helping build my own house!". I mailed the staircase later and her mom glued it in.

I love how it's turning out, you're doing a great job. I think you'll be able to get it done in time. She is going to love it!! :)

• Like 1

I only built one house with a "dead line" . Its hard enough to find time to work on it sometimes without having all that pressure. I am sure it will turn out great .

I check everyday to see how you are doing! :)

Yes, the deadline is quite stressful, but if I didn't have it, this house might never be completed. Ha ha.

I was able to get the second coat of paint on the window casings during my lunch break. :rule: Well, I should probably wait to celebrate until I get that third coat on...

Meanwhile, it's FREEZING here in Iowa . :cold: :cold: :cold:

• Like 1

I put up a picture of the window frames.

Last night I had a revelation: I was missing parts of the trim. I had to clean the whole dollhouse table in order to find part of the front door and fascias. I'm SO glad I didn't lose them altogether. So far, I've only lost one bannister, which I'll make later. My parents have invited me over for dinner, and I told them I'll be bringing Rosedale trim to paint afterward. :D

• Like 1

your Rosedale is so very cute....your Niece is going to say that your the best AUNT ever.. I was at my daughters thanksgiving and my granddaughter had me help her order the Garfield so we can do ours together this summer ..going to be lots of fun ..when she comes to visit we always have to make something this last visit we made a miniature bottle brush Christmas tree gluing in all that fern to make it more real.. kids who take the time to love crafts are so much fun !!! hope you and Annie get to spend time fixing the dh to make it a special time for you both... Judi

• Like 2

I got more pieces of the trim painted this weekend. I'm concentrating on the front door and the fascias right now. Hopefully, I will be able to move on to window sills soon. I don't feel right gluing on the window casings without the seals so I can see that they line up properly.

Oh, Lordie. Are you making egg carton bricks? I think I'm going to have to try that process for the Yellow Brick Road floors in my BH because the current ones bit the dust.

My focus tonight is to paint more trim. *insert broken record* Here I go!

Yes, I am going to try to do them. And I'm going to paint more trim. I'm thinking maybe white.... :giggle:

I've currently got white paint on my fingers from painting my trim. :) It's difficult to get in the curlicue trim gingerbread that goes on the roofs, but imma gonna DO IT! I have the Bonnie and Clyde TV movie on in the background, so now I am obsessed with the 1930s. Might have to build to that theme at some point. *adds to list*

• Like 1

...Inow I am obsessed with the 1930s. Might have to build to that theme at some point. *adds to list*

Late 1930s/pre-WWII is what my farmhouse wants. I found a cute Amish couple of dolls, maybe not quite 1:12, that I thought the farmhouse wanted, but no dice; they'll have to go elsewhere, because this house wants period kitchen and a radio for the European war news.

• Like 2

Are you working on houses again, Holly?,,,

Not yet, but the workshop is coming together, the electrician/ plumber is doing his "thing" and then we still have to insulate, put up the inside walls, seal the floor and install the through-the-wall a/c/heating unit; and then move EVERYTHING from the garage out to the workshop. But THEN...

• Like 1