Rosedale for my niece

Blondie

Last year, my niece asked me to build her another dollhouse. I had a Lily in the box, so I told her that I'd build her that. Well, the time got away from me, and there is NO way I can build the Lily by Christmas with everything I have going on (especially that Spring Fling ________ ). The Lily has a LOT of porch and trim, and I want to take my time with it (perhaps years from now). Haha. I was looking at the GL site trying to find an "easier" house that would still make my niece happy. I built her a Princess House Arthur when she was little, so I needed a different shape.

I've decided on the Rosedale. It has a similar look to my Beacon Hill, which she loves (and there's no way I'm building her a BH :bangin: ) I'm really excited that this house is laser cut AND has very little trim. YAY!! I'm going to order it today and see if I can crank it out by Christmas. Wish me luck!!

:bounce:

post-1461-0-40018800-1379606325_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I haven't used the speed shingles before, so they will be interesting to try. Gina, I stalked your Rosedale blog posts before I ordered and will certainly be back to study your helpful notes!

Thank you for the support, everyone! Wheeeeeee!! Now I have to hurry up and finish the fling! :)

For the speed shingles, others will probably have some good advice, but from my experience with them, go light on the glue. Mine sucked up moisture, moved around and buckled. Of course I'm referring to half scale and I was using way too much white glue. I learned the hard way. :)

Good luck! I have been working on the half-scale Rosedale for months now and only just got around to affixing the roof onto the house, let alone any exterior wall treatment... :prop: I am sure that you can make a lot better progress though! :bear:

Me too. It's been months since I started the White Rose (half scale Rosedale), but the delay is due to real life interrupting, and taking time to Fling.

Blondie, I think if you keep it simple you could successfully build it in the time you have. Leave any embellishments or special treatments until later, after Xmas, for some together time. Then you can start training the next generation of miniaturists in you family! :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I almost cut my thumb off on the Rosedale AGAIN, so I put it away until I finished the fling. Now I'm back in the game! I created a Rosedale album here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=94450 So far, I'm just having arguments with the staircase. :bangin:

Gina, I'm SO grateful to you for your amazing blog. It's so helpful with every single house I build! I have NO IDEA how you do all those staircases, though. :rant: What is your secret to putting many, many layers of paint on fiddly bits?

I'm also stalking all of you who have Rosedales in the works to see how you are doing it. :cheers::thankyou: