Jump to content

Greenleaf Fairfield


minigrandma10
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gail, I use a metal hammer (DH keeps the rubber mallet in the camping gear box). I had to desassemble the rightside out Fairfield at least three times. Once I got the insideout Fairfield's chimney assembly squared I only think I had to redo the floors around it once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, o.k., pictures will be later but......I wallpapered the tower, in dry fit it was working but I wallpapered the wrong side.(Pulled off and washed the paper off) Then when the instructions said glue, yea sure, had to hammer it in. Was off 1/32" but that was just enough, seemed everything was that. Soooo, I cut off tabs and hammer and glued. yep, frustration kicking in. Made the housework's stairs only to find out that they are too thick, pretty but thick, still not sure on which to use. Been a long week, now I have to wait for my siding to arrive. Think i will take a break.....(1" yellow monster in garage)

More later...... :bear:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am waiting for my new Fairfield to arrive in the mail right now, so I thoroughly appreciate the opportunity to read about other peoples mistakes!!! Hopefully I can avoid doing the same things by learning through you!

Please share stories about mistakes made on this kit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, are you using the Houseworks staircase addition? Interesting that it isnt fitting perfectly....

Has anyone put new doors into the Fairfield? I was hesitant to spend the money on them unless i can verify they will fit perfectly. I may be better off making my own in the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am waiting for my new Fairfield to arrive in the mail right now, so I thoroughly appreciate the opportunity to read about other peoples mistakes!!! Hopefully I can avoid doing the same things by learning through you!

Please share stories about mistakes made on this kit.

The biggest mistake is to paint anything before you dry fit. I painted the chimney section and then it would not fit through the hole in the floor and I had to do a lot of sanding! A lot of the parts "just Fit".......thus I was introduced to the rubber mallet.....hehehe. Will continue to update. :-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...