taking advantage of the holiday?

Contrary Housewife

For those of us who have a long weekend, is anyone taking this weekend to work on miniatures?

I got my grocery shopping done yesterday, it's too hot to work in the yard, the AC kicked on well before I finished my first cup of tea, and DH and I have no plans other than working on various craft/hobby projects all weekend.

How about you?

I might glue my church together today but not much time for minis this weekend. I hope to get to a real craftstore, however, sometime over the holiday. I have to drive 65 miles one way to Santa Fe to go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I can't wait I hope we get to go!

Here in my house, everyone is currently working on their own hobbies, which means I have plenty of time to work on mine too.

So why am I on-line right now? I was just taking a lot of photos of my dolls playing in my dollhouses for my blog. I love my toys! And I love blogging about them!

I plan on doing more dollhouse stuff for the rest of the weekend as well. Have fun everyone.

I am defiantly taking advantage of the weekend. In fact I am looking forward to it. I already did housework and visited with family today so I am Scott free starting tomorrow. Even DH is off to the lodge for a breakfast buffet tomorrow morning so my fun will start early. I am going to start working on dressing up a Victorian crib. I have my fabric ready and am totally looking forward to it.

Yes that's me. Too hot to go camping right? Planning to work on my dollhouse ALL weekend and keep Real Life at bay I hope LOL

Just finishing up the baseboard and crown molding in the Garfield Kitchen. For back by the door, I mostly Felt my way through it.

Not too bad for being blindfolded LOL

Cleaned the house and mowed the yard yesterday, and did some weaving and crocheting last night. Today, the band plays out of town, so that pokes a hole in the day, but the evening and tomorrow are clear so far, and hope to get to my minis.

Yes! We had company for dinner Friday and housework Saturday and yesterday morning, but from noon until midnight I worked on my Gothic Orchid, and I'll be back at it today. I'm working on (for me) the most fun part - furnishings. I'm making a bed, trial and error and a lot of waiting for glue to dry. In between, I made a workbench and wall-hung shelves. Also did some final baseboard and ceiling trim. Today I hope to finish the bed and start a cardstock stove inspired by Kris's one-inch minis. Wish me luck!

I spent a good part of the weekend working on the windows for the Lawbre Shadow Cliff I'm working on. I think these windows are going to take me weeks to finish! A good many window frames were falling apart when I got the house and so I had to spend quite a bit of time gluing them back together. Same with the window pane frames. Now I'm working on painting them and I figure it's going to take at least two light coats of paint on each side of the window (different color on the inside frames from the outside frames) and this house has a lot of windows! This weekend I got the first coat on both sides of the windows done & a light sanding. Now to start on the second coat & see how they look. It's slow going but relaxing and since it's a small project that doesn't require a lot of prep or clean-up, I can continue working on it after work in the evenings.