Hello

Vanessa

Hi

I have just discovered and joined this list.

My name is Vanessa and I am from England, but now living in Quebec, Canada. I am a 54 year old Grandmother of 2 but still playing with my doll houses lol.

Maybe I can get some help with a half-finished dollhouse I have aquired (no instructions with it) It has a circluar staircase and I am having trouble with it, Anyone built one before? This house will be an antique shop when it is finished but I need help to find a name for it.

I also have an ancient Colonial dollhouse that I bought in a yard sale last Summer. I am slowly renovating it. I have a Real Good Toys house, a dura Craft house and a Greenleaf house (I think it is anyway, bought already finished from a friend)

I have the Avon house and furniture, I think its 1/24 scale but I am not sure of that.

Anyway. hope to get to know you better

Vanessa

Welcome!

we have a few others from your side of the pond here! so glad you found us!

I have some of the Avon sets but I have never seen an Avon house

I would love to see a photo...oh! did you see how I got that in there? :D

which houses do you have? all of the houses from each company has a name.

if your not sure which you have you could always share a photo with us and we could help you!...rofl

oops I did it again!

this is our one true flaw on the forum...we are photo crazy! Our "eye candy" addiction is almost as bad as our dollhouse and miniature obsession.

I hope you enjoy our forum!

nutti :)

Hello All

Unfortunatly I do not have a digital camera. maybe Santa will bring me one!

The houses must have names as you say, I should do some research on the internet, apart from the Colonial one that is because it was hand built.

The Avon house is nice but it does not have the same detail tominiatures that the other 'real' doll houses do. I am thinking of adding wallpaper and plexi glass in the windows, and as it comes with a cardboard backing, maybe I could get a plywood sheet ant some small hinges instead.

I have so many topics on hand but very little time to devote to them.

Thanks for the welcome, I think I shall be happy here!

Vanessa