"replaceable" walls for the indecisive

pupa

Shabby chic, vs modern. Vs French style etc -assuming I am not the only one who keeps changing their mind? Has anyone decorated the walls (paint color or wallpaper) crown molding, chair rail etc onto something other than the wall itself and then installed and uninstalled? If so what did you use and would enjoy seeing examples.

• Like 1

I've heard it recommended alot to make your wood or tile or whatever floors on a removable surface-thin cardboard?-so I bet you could do a false wall cover,as long as you attached it in such a way to stay up firmly,but easy to remove...I've used 'tac' putty for temporary hangings,but there' a mini hold wax product-I haven't used it...If it was me,(and I'm new at this!) I'd give my walls a neutral background I liked and attach lightweight railings,mouldings,etc. with the wax or tac.Then add color and patterns to suit your mood/style choice in (removable) window treatments and furnishings. Hope that helps...

I have one of those American Girls mini room boxes and I love the fact you can change out the walls, ceiling and floors. I like to change it out often and its easy because they use magnets on the back.I would think this is possible as well if you used card stock. Would love to see what you come up with.

• Like 1

i use acid free cardstock to make my floors/walls/ceilings on, for the same purpose: what if I change my mind?

No pics available here, but it works great.

If I ever do change my mind, it is dead easy to give a room a totally different look.

And the main structure remains unaltered.

• Like 1