Hi Everyone

CALLACO-Karen

Hi, my name is Karen, I have loved doll houses since my Grandfather built something called a Pepperwood Farm house from a plan out of a book, that was all it took I was in love. My best bud and I played for hours with that house. That was lots and lots of years ago, now I am trying my hand at the building part, and boy did I pick a doozie, the Fairfield by Greenleaf. She is a beauty. I am having a ball so far, a challenge around every corner, I am sure I am going to be asking lots of questions. Can't wait to get started with the decorating part, :p :o The fireplaces were a breeze but the stairs gave me fits. I am proud to say the stairs are finally done and in one piece, wood filler is my best friend at this point :o

Looking forward to a wonder and fun time here.

Karen

Hey there buddy! :o

Yep everyone, I was that "bud" who "played" for hours with Karen and that dollhouse - no teasing allowed :p Well, ok you can tease me about it LOL Actually I didn't consider it playing.. it was more like re-arranging furniture and dreaming about being grown up and owning a house like that - I still wouldn't mind living in a place like that! And I still say an attic bedroom would be cool so there! Ha! ;) I'd seen tiny furniture before in a dollhouse museum my dad used to take me to but that was behind glass - this stuff I could touch and most of it was made by Karen's grandad and mom! How awesome is that! ;) And the whole thing was electrified. What a house! :o

Anyway kiddo, glad you posted and introduced yourself to the group.

<hugs>

David

Welcome to the nieghborhood Karen! The Fairfield is a house I plan to build in the next couple of months myself. Have you picked out any colors yet? Any Pictures? We LOVE EYE Candy :p .

It's so cool to finally meet you too!

Welcome to the nieghborhood Karen! The Fairfield is a house I plan to build in the next couple of months myself. Have you picked out any colors yet? Any Pictures? We LOVE EYE Candy :) .

It's so cool to finally meet you too!

Thank you for the warm welcome.. Colors... Ms. Fairfield, (she has a few other names too, but I wont go there), will be gray with white gingerbread and the shingle roof will be ebony black... and I am prettey sure I have decided to put clapboard siding on her, the plain old flat outside walls just dont do it for me.. needs a bit of jazzing up. I figure the house I live in has clapboard siding on it, well under the stucco, (got tired of painting the big old house) so Ms. Fairfield should too. And I will gladly post pictures once I figure out how to... Eye Candy ... well??? Comedy?? Yes, But definetly fun.

Karen

Hey there buddy! :D

Yep everyone, I was that "bud" who "played" for hours with Karen and that dollhouse - no teasing allowed :) Well, ok you can tease me about it LOL Actually I didn't consider it playing.. it was more like re-arranging furniture and dreaming about being grown up and owning a house like that - I still wouldn't mind living in a place like that! And I still say an attic bedroom would be cool so there! Ha! :D I'd seen tiny furniture before in a dollhouse museum my dad used to take me to but that was behind glass - this stuff I could touch and most of it was made by Karen's grandad and mom! How awesome is that! :D And the whole thing was electrified. What a house! :)

Anyway kiddo, glad you posted and introduced yourself to the group.

<hugs>

David

Yep David, you made me see the light, attic master bedrooms are the best, right next to the room with the pool table, :D:D All kidding aside, when he got done arranging his version of the house is was awesome, altho the house never stayed the same for to long, it was ever changing. If I can get my sister to take some new digital pictures of it I can post those too... I only have the old ones... Hugs.. Karen

If I can get my sister to take some new digital pictures of it I can post those too... I only have the old ones...

old ones new ones we are not picky!

Welcome to the forum!

I havent built the fairfield but someday I hope to.

its a great house and in half scale which is always a plus!

I look forward to seeing yours!

nutti :)

Welcome to the forum Karen. We are glad to hear that David played nice. ;) Where is the house your Granddad built now?

Thank you for the Warm Welcome. My oldest sister has the doll house now, not by my choice but by circumstance. When My Grandpa made the frunishings, he crafted them after the furniture in the house he lived in... it is way cool. Made one of the floor lamps, (lamp shade) for the livingroom out of the top of a champange bottle from his and my Grandmother 50th wedding anniversary party, which I might add David and I were very bad teenagers.... :lol: :lol: That aside... I will try to get some fresh pictures from the sister, or scan the ones I have into my computer and see if I can make them postable... For now I am off to paint the fireplace of Little Ms. Fairfield and see what kind of mischief I can get into with her this evening, I opened the electrial wiring kit... ;) I do believe I am going to have to get my best daddy's little girl eyes on, yes even at my age, and and scream HELP!!!!! Written in total Greek! :lol: But I love a challenge, and love to have fun, and this is tops in my book.

Karen

Welcome to the forum Karen

Thank you for the welcome.. I took a look at your webshots page... did you make that wonderful furniture?? If you did what a great tallent you have. Amazing.

Karen

Hi and welcome...can't wait to see pictures of your progress

Hi and thank you, pictures will be a commin' as soon as I figure out how to post them, cant be all that hard, just gotta put my glasses on. ;)

Karen

I am proud to say the stairs are finally done and in one piece, wood filler is my best friend at this point

Hi karen! welcome to the forums! we are definitley happy to have you here! and i completely agree with you about wood filler, its my bestfriend too!! dont dknow what I would do without it! haha ;) cant wait to see your pics of you house!

Hi and welcome! can't wait to see pic's. The fairfield is one house that i don't have yet, eventually i'd like to get it tho, it's adorable and a very pretty house!

Hi back, and thank you for the welcome.. I agree with you, the Fairfield is a pretty house, there is so much you can do with it, skys the limit on the imagination. I am going to work as much velvet into the furnishings as possible. I have to tell you tho, there have been a few moments I have felt like Tim Taylor on Tool Time.... :lol2: I will hopefull get some pictures posted soon, when it starts to look like a house instead of a construction site gone wrong :blink: Have a wonderful evening.

Karen