Hello!

Vintage Girl

Hi! My interest in my dollhouse has been rekindled!! A new craft store in my area has a rather large section for dollhouses. I've decided to redecorate my dollhouse. My grandpa built it for me, and he also started a Greenleaf furniture kit for me. My mom papered it, and helped me put in the rugs and stuff. Anyway, I'm not sure what era it's from, and I'd like to try to make it period correct, and add lighting and so on...So, I'll be posting some pictures and asking for advice. :p

Sarah

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I don't have any pictures...yet. I'll try to take some soon. I'm not sure what you mean by what kind it is, but it's made of wood, 2 stories plus an attic. There are 4 rooms, 2 bedrooms, a living room and kitchen. The living room has a fireplace and a built in bookcase. It also has two hallways for the flight of stairs. The attic has 2 spaces, I use one for a bathroom and the other is a den/space for all the pieces that don't fit in the rest of the house. :D I'd like to know what era it's from, I'd thought it was victorian, but after looking at some victorian kits online I'm not so sure. I'll try to get some pictures. I'll be busy today, so maybe I can get some tomorrow. :)

Welcome to the forum!

a house built buy grandad and mum..very special!

if the house was made from a kit someone here will know which house it is by a photo of the front of it and the back of it with the room layout. but wether it is from a kit or out of someones head a dollhouse can be in any era you like!

good luck with your renovations!

I look forward to seeing your photos!

nutti :)

I could be wrong but it looks a lot like the Jefferson by Greenleaf--that has been discontinued. But that's about all I know. So I'm sure some of the others can give you more info.

Welcome Sarah and that is a great house to have as it is done by your family as well as your own effort. Looking forward to seeing what you are going to do with it!

Mini-hugs