Holy hotflashes batman.......I am melting

Rhonda

On the other end of the age spectrum-just got home from the hospital where my daughter and SIL's son was delivered this evening--7 lbs, 8 oz, 20 inches long. Red hair and blue eyes. (I finally got my little celt!) Everyone's doing fine.

• Like 1

Oh,Grandma Gloria,as a green-eyed redhead myself who's boys were both little blondes,may I heartily congratulate you and the new parents! What a good healthy size,too! Sending a little prayer up for many blessings to this little one. And,just plain-Yipppee! :)

Oh,Grandma Gloria,as a green-eyed redhead myself who's boys were both little blondes,may I heartily congratulate you and the new parents! What a good healthy size,too! Sending a little prayer up for many blessings to this little one. And,just plain-Yipppee! :)

Thanks! Being a c-section, he's very attractive. So--don't ask how we got so lucky, but 2 brunettes with dark eyes, 2 blonds with blue--my son's children, and now a redhead. All healthy. Life's good things!
  • Like 2

As a green eyed redhead myself congrats. Both my children and all 5 of my grandboys are blue eyed blondes. The only place the red gene came out is in my sons beard its red and he grumbles about it to no end!

• Like 1

That's so funny,Rhonda-both my now brown haired sons have red in their beards and they actually love it,having had two redheaded uncles who grew beautiful thick red beards(my bros)We 3 of 4 kids were 3rd generation reds on mom's side. She got one dark auburn haired and one light strawberry blonde grandchild out of 10 grandkids. Geneology is a trip!! My youngest kinda jokingly promised to marry a girl with redhead genes.haha Someone at some point on both sides of the new grandbaby must've had redhair,Gloria.

Best wishes for the little one, Gloria, congratulations.

My oldest boy was born with coppery red hair, but then he turned into a blond.

It's funny, my husband has a red beard, his father had a red beard, my father also had a red beard, but no one has ever mentioned having any red heads in the family.

• Like 1

That's so funny,Rhonda-both my now brown haired sons have red in their beards and they actually love it,having had two redheaded uncles who grew beautiful thick red beards(my bros)We 3 of 4 kids were 3rd generation reds on mom's side. She got one dark auburn haired and one light strawberry blonde grandchild out of 10 grandkids. Geneology is a trip!! My youngest kinda jokingly promised to marry a girl with redhead genes.haha Someone at some point on both sides of the new grandbaby must've had redhair,Gloria.

His dad and his parents are all redheads, mine is the first generation on my mother's side with no red hair in 7 generations. I was really hoping!
  • Like 1

The red beard thing--I read somewhere that that is a very certain strain of celtic blood seen in the middle of Scotland and in Dublin City. It's a Viking contribution to some of the clans. My dad, brother, and son all have it.

• Like 1

Well Dr said what was to be expected......... I am on the very lowest dose of HRT until winter then going to try it without them. Dr said heat sometimes contributes to the frequency of the flashes. She convinced me I am not losing my mind and the Hrt will help with all the other symptoms as well.

I was on HRT until after I was 65, at which time the ARNP & I figured I could get along without (we also stopped it in the late Fall) and if you're going off, that's the time to do it. And as with any hormone, you taper off over a period of a month or six weeks, so your body gets used to the idea of doing temperature control for itself.