My new Craigslist dollhouse

ica171

I got this on Craigslist for $50. I thought it was a kit, but it's handmade. It's pretty big--I can't remember the exact measurements, but it's something like 25 inches tall and 32 inches long.

gallery_16336_6363_40974.jpg

gallery_16336_6363_386843.jpg

Sorry for the crappy side picture--it's a little too heavy to pick up and turn around alone, plus it was in the corner.

gallery_16336_6363_597569.jpg

It came with three books and a kit. The kit looks like it's been started, but only as far as a few pieces being punched out. It looks like everything's still there.

gallery_16336_6363_1012937.jpg

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it; it hasn't spoken to me yet. Gambrel roof definitely says farmhouse to me, maybe '50s?

• Like 3

:congrats: It;s a nice Dutch Colonial. I'd be sorely tempted to rip off those shingles, invest in a batch of stripwood and half-timber the exterior and either tile or thatch that roof and make it an Elizabethan merchant's home (with shop below, as suggested). Whaatever, it has gorgeous bones! and the extras that came with it are lagniappe!

Happy for you :) It's always so much fun to find a real bargain like that. I'm looking at your Dollhouse Plan Book in the picture - my cousin found a house for me in a storage-unit liquidation, about the same era as yours, and also built from scratch using the patterns in that book. I haven't finished rehabbing mine yet, but it does keep calling to me!

Have fun with yours!

Oh,wow,the Dutch Colonial that Brae directed us to is wonderful-looks like it would be very easy to replicate on your house. Different shingles,a nice porch,and is the long dormer on the RL house what you called a 'shed dormer'? And window boxes...oh,you lucky girl! What fun!!

• Like 1