My First Orchid Kit Is On It's Way!!

kat57

I had question for you,Holly,but it slips my mind at the moment-I'll think of it later....senior moment,grumble grumble... Nice build,Gail! I'm glad you were able to get pix of it posted in the "recent" gallery. There's a great mini tutorials website by a lady named Kris who creates the most amazing furniture and other minis,using card stock. 1 inch Minis With Kris or something like that....You'd love it! I'll be making her upholstered armchair,at least,for this house.

• Like 1

Thanx,Perry-of course it'd when I have no transportation!haha But I will get a chance one day.... Tracy,I've looked at so many,can't recall if I saw a Linda.II'll go back in awhile...I wish KathieB still had her Orchid with the bathroom behind the curtain (see above)in her gallery-I read some old posts that were so complimentary it made me want to see ALL of it so much!!That's the bad thing:alot-I mean alot,of current and past members' photos are gone,but still mentioned in the posts,so that's disappointing when I go looking for them...Need More Orchids! And Ashleys that aren't posted,too! I promise,once I get able to post photos I'll pay back with lots of them!

• Like 1

ByTheWay,these 2 Orchid blogs everyone has mentioned-I have come across postings from them or links to them when I search about The Orchid,enough to get to them,but haven't actually found them under any real Heading where I can go right Straight to them. Someone,Go look for them as if you have Never seen them and see what I mean,Please! Newcomers don't automatically easily find things that you guys have known about for Years! I hope I am just dense and not seeing it,but if not,someone else new might lose out on great info!!!

• Like 1

.I wish KathieB still had her Orchid with the bathroom behind the curtain (see above)in her gallery-I read some old posts that were so complimentary it made me want to see ALL of it so much!!That's the bad thing:alot-I mean alot,of current and past members' photos are gone,but still mentioned in the posts,so that's disappointing when I go looking for them...Need More Orchids! And Ashleys that aren't posted,too! I promise,once I get able to post photos I'll pay back with lots of them!

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=328&sort_key=&sort_order=

KathieB's Orchid album

Okay,see,I really have to be hand led sometimes! Thank you,Tracy!! NO one ever said that exactly,at least not so that I 'got' it like I did this time-and all I ever use are the "Forums" and "Gallery" buttons in that group-blinders on to the others I guess!haha I was going to the 'front' or 'home' page,where there ARE other building blogs plainly titled,and easy to see. (WHY?The Orchid is JUST as important as they are!!) I would not want to run this thing,but, I wish more of it was looked at from a new perspective....we haven't all been here for years and years.....not meant to be disrespectful,but I bet more new people would stay if they could find certain things on their own without moaning and groaning like I do!!! Oh,Pam,thanx for Kathie's link,too!!! Y'all put up with a lot outta me-you will be blessed,I'm sure!! :)

• Like 1

Click on blogs at the top. On the right hand side there is a column of "Important Blogs". The building blogs are listed there.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=blog

Okay,see,I really have to be hand led sometimes! Thank you,Tracy!! NO one ever said that exactly,at least not so that I 'got' it like I did this time-and all I ever use are the "Forums" and "Gallery" buttons in that group-blinders on to the others I guess!haha I was going to the 'front' or 'home' page,where there ARE other building blogs plainly titled,and easy to see. (WHY?The Orchid is JUST as important as they are!!) I would not want to run this thing,but, I wish more of it was looked at from a new perspective....we haven't all been here for years and years.....not meant to be disrespectful,but I bet more new people would stay if they could find certain things on their own without moaning and groaning like I do!!! Oh,Pam,thanx for Kathie's link,too!!! Y'all put up with a lot outta me-you will be blessed,I'm sure!! :)

Tracy, thanks for pointing out how to get to the blogs!

Kat, I've been a member of the forum for over a year and thought I'd investigated everything, but no, I learn something new everyday. Thank you for persisting in your questions. I actually went looking for the Orchid team build earlier today and couldn't find it. Then saw these later posts and checked out the blogs. I had no idea there was anyone other than me and Kathrynated building a half scale Rosedale, and had missed the blog entry in July about this topic! How fun is that! :D

So don't be shy and keep asking those questions!

• Like 1

Thanx,Holly,I got that-and I've run across bits of both several times,while using the search feature looking for Orchid topics-mostly the one you were on-but I finally got to go all through the other one today,too. Love all the pretties in both groups!!! When I start building I will definitely know where to go now. Tracy,thank you so very much for your nice note-it helped!I've got alot to learn about the gallery feature,too,I guess....maybe NOW I'll find some of these things where someone says 'It's in my gallery' and I go to their profile page gallery (because that's what I thought you're supposed to do)and can't find 'it'- 'it' is nowhere to be seen....I couldn't understand,when that happened so many times and I got sooo frustrated! Now I guess it will be better...Thanx!

If you hover the cursor on your username a box appears with links to your profile page and the PM feature, as well as a friend button and buttons to link to your gallery and your blog, if you have them.

Trish and Selkie, I went back to the Sherwin-Williams paint visualizer tool link that Trish gave here earlier. I am on a computer that used to belong to my son's grandparents and he hasn't got all the 'kinks' out of it yet,but the site works for me now! I think the adobe flash was turned off...Anyhoo,now I can play with interior and exterior colors of any project now! Thanx again!

I have my Orchid kit-yippeee! I've got some other RL stuff to do,but will get down on the floor and take it out and check the sheets later tonight. Will have to decide whether to put it in line behind Ashley #2 or get right to it after my pizza place...I know what Ashley #2 wants at least,so it should go along quickly...I can't wait to see what the Orchid says to me!!! yay!!!

• Like 2

Glad you have your new little house. Hope it brings with it, the joy you are looking for.

Glad to hear you got the visualizer to work for you. It's so fun to play with.

• Like 1