It's SOOO hard to have control!

itslittlewonder

I went to a local consignment shop earlier this week and they had a Victorian Style dollhouse 95% completed for $50. Of course, I just got a free one on CL and I have my own from childhood and a Buttercup cottage kit in the box but I want it. :ohyeah:

I am pretty sure it's a Painted Lady from RGT and it's $50. My husband will divorce me if I buy it but it's my birthday next week. Maybe I can drop some hints? I went to visit it today and it's still there! :ohmy: I have enough to do but it's tough for me to not "hoard" them when I see them, you know? I need to just focus on the Westville I just got b/c it needs work but I still want it. :drool:

Go get it, you'll kick yourself later if you don't. What's $50 in the grand scheme of things, ha, ha. I wish I could find stuff like that at such a great price. I read that some people on this board have even found doll houses on the side of the road. Now every time I drive, I check the curbs, no luck so far.

• Like 1

These enablers are all so b-a-d! Joking,joking! Actually,when I read this earlier I was trying to come up with a scheme for you to temporarily hide it from hubby,a la I Love Lucy style: I guarantee you,if she had wanted it she would have gotten it! Glad you found a great deal,Andi!And early Happy Birthday to You! lol

• Like 1

Andi, Congratulations on your Dura-Craft SF555; since the company no longer exists you got a real pretty! It was the first-ever kit I ever built, and I can tell you from experience that those windows are one huge PIA to assemble! So is the tower roof, and might I suggest using copper foil, rather than trying to shingle that monster?

Yeah, you've come to the wrong place if you want to be talked out of buying more houses. :roflmao:

Boy...ain't that the truth! I have a hoard of kits in my garage that is proof.

• Like 2

Yeah, you've come to the wrong place if you want to be talked out of buying more houses. :roflmao:

Boy...ain't that the truth! I have a hoard of kits in my garage that is proof.

Oh boy, hope you know what you got yourself into joining such an bunch of enablers here on GL !!!!!

I have so many kits stashed under tables, hidden with tablecloths, and in every nook and corner, I'll have to live 347 lifetimes to get them all built and decorated - not to mention I'll have to become a millionaire to accomplish all of that !

• Like 1