looking for a heart wreath

I'm trying to find a 1:12 heart shaped wreath for my dollhouse bathroom. The wallpaper has little heart shaped floral wreaths so I thought I'd try to find a real one to hang up.

Something like this http://www.meijer.com/s/thistle-and-bloom-16-inch-dried-floral-heart-wreath/_/R-255009 It needs to have blue flowers. Other colors are okay too as long as the main color is blue.

I've been on Etsy and Ebay and not found what I'm looking for. Has anyone seen something I might like?

• Like 1

You find the size heart shape you want and trace around it on stiff card, trace 1/4" inside the line and with a craft knife and VERY sharp, new blade, cut it out. Glue your tiny flowers, greenery and ribbons to it (In highschool I worked at my parents' friends' imported candy store and made candy door wreaths on plywood bases; once the form is covered, you have the shape you want).

• Like 2

There are 1 inch grapevine wreaths available here for a 4/buck. However, if you're up to adding the ribbon and flowers yourself, then I'd go with Holly's route, the only thing I might add is to paint the card stock dark green or black so it won't show through, assuming it's not the color you want already.

Here's a good tutorial on about.com - you could combine the two techniques to get the open heart wreath. http://miniatures.about.com/od/makeminiatureplants/ss/Make-Miniature-Heart-Shaped-Moss-Or-Ivy-Topiaries-For-A-Dolls-House-Or-Table-Favor.htm

There's also green chenille wire that can easily be found in the craft stores - you could bend it into shape, paint it if it's not the right green.

• Like 1

Here's a good tutorial on about.com - you could combine the two techniques to get the open heart wreath. http://miniatures.about.com/od/makeminiatureplants/ss/Make-Miniature-Heart-Shaped-Moss-Or-Ivy-Topiaries-For-A-Dolls-House-Or-Table-Favor.htm

There's also green chenille wire that can easily be found in the craft stores - you could bend it into shape, paint it if it's not the right green.

Oohh those green scrubbies are sold by the stack at the dollar stores, use one to craft and the rest to clean up your paint trays :D

• Like 1

For my two cents worth.....I tried to make a heart wreath once from natural materials in my yard but it was pretty hard to get the shape....maybe it was just me.
I finally found some tough, long grass stems and used those. The actual grapevine was too large for the scale. Good luck!

The wreath base is very easy to make. Get some wire that's in scale for mini twigs, cut a very thin strip of tulle (the poly fabric net stuff) and wrap that around the wire, gluing as you go. Then paint it brown. Twist 2 or 3 wires together and bend into the quired shape. There is an online tutorial somewhere for this. But it's really easy and you can get the exact size/shape you want.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...