Walmer Old Firehouse (aka Olde Firehouse)

MaryKate

It seems I have a knack for ending up with odd/unknown kits. I have googled this, but (like "Dollhouse Manufacturing Company" with my Farmette), I think the name of the kit is a little too general for easy googling. I just get pages of the current RGT firehouse. I suspect Walmer didn't make many of them.

So, the story is...long, and I'm not working on the kit until I finish my witches' house, but I thought I'd tap into the massive brainpower of this forum to see if anyone ever saw, or maybe even worked on, one of these. The model number is 529. I bought the kit from Jeepers in IN in the mid to late 2000s (earliest would be late 2004) ...going on memory here because it is buried in my basement, which is a scary disaster right now.

It's a 3 story, front opening building, and it has a Federal style door and I think 5 windows up the front. There are round openings in the floors for the firepole and curved railings for the openings. It is tall, but has just one big rooms per floor. The kit on the market right now it most closely resembles is the RGT 333 Franklin St. Townhouse. Can't remember if mine has the same roof as that one, or a flat roof.

This one I have directions for (somewhere), but if they exist online I'd love to read them. I have seen the 333 Franklin directions online and I believe they're very similar.

Funny story about this: I got it because I saw an ad in an old (at the time) dh magazine, and called Jeepers on the off chance they still had one. I was over the moon they did, and paid whatever the price was plus shipping gladly...no, I don't want to make a fire station. It's going to be a Chicago pub, built in one of the firehouses that were built there after the fire, with a loft on the top floor. The bar's called McGinty's, and while it doesn't really exist, it's based on a tv show* that filmed in Chicago, and they used the exterior of a real firehouse (which was, at that point, a furniture store) for the exterior shots of the bar and loft. And that real firehouse is located at the intersection of Illinois...and FRANKLIN STREET. I about fell off my chair when I saw the name of that RGT townhouse!

*Now, if you already know which TV show I'm talking about, we may have to meet in person someday so I can hug you, because it is, despite its sometimes flaws, the show of my heart. But if you don't and want to know, scroll on down...

....Fisher Stephens was in it...

And it starred a very young, entirely wonderful, Kyle Chandler...

...along with a mysterious cat. Named Cat.

It was Early Edition.

Ring any bells? (If not, don't feel bad--most times it doesn't)

It usually helps when I tell people (who are smiling politely and backing away now, because they fear random fangirling and spontaneous hugs) the premise--"It's that show about the guy who got the newspaper a day early and then tried to stop all the bad stuff.")

If anyone reads this far, thanks! I started out just wanting to fact find about the house, and devolved into my fangirling....story of my life!

• Like 2