Washington 2.0 Haunted House

KathieB

Five years ago I started working on a Washington 2.0 with my goddaughter, Mollie, who was then eleven years old. We both lost interest. The half-finished house started hollering at me this week. Over time it attracted a lot of Hallowe'en items. Obviously it wants to be a haunted house!

It has already undergone a major transformation. See more in my gallery and my blogspot blog.

post-818-0-40946000-1374109273_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Kathie, I'm having the best time going through your blog. Good luck with the Washington...haunted houses are so much fun! I'm finding planning one to be really freeing, since everything doesn't have to be neat and perfect. I can try new things and see whe they take me!

• Like 2

Stephen King says that sometimes books have to sit for a time and mellow on the shelf before he can finish writing them. I think dollhouses are the same way.

Oh my, I really love that. Hadn't heard it before. I have 2 that fall into that category - sitting/mellowing. I tried to force them to be what I thought they should be because I love them so much, and they and me just stopped. I now believe they will be finished when they (and me) are done sitting for a spell and mellowing to that just that right spot. Thank you for that Karin.

• Like 1

It's funny because I've never liked haunted houses, primarily because I'm not a Halloween fan. But I LOVE Brae's Haunted Heritage, and Karin's Sea Hag (okay, not haunted, but derelict looking), and the Scary Skilcraft, and I think KathieB's Washington is turning out really cool! Seriously! I'm with Rhonda, I think a stash of items for a haunted house just might start materializing. :D

Now, which half scale house in my stash is going to want to be haunted? :hmm:

The Lighthouse, Tennyson, Arthur, and Little Anne have already spoken to me. Maybe it's the Chantilly?....

I'm like the rest of you,Kathie has got me daydreaming of doing a haunted house one day,too. I love Halloween,but am usually more of the cutesy Halloween fan,so it's fun to think of doing a little scarier haunted theme! Now,while sort of in this vein,I wanted to share an awesome little Halloween dollhouse I ran across online the other night. Bear with me,I still don't know how to make a 'link' or whatever,but it's on a website called "It's The little Things". If you Google 'Miniature Happy Halloween House' for you will find it. The date was Tues.October 23,2012. It's reallly well-done for a small dollhouse.The coolest coincidence about it for me is she used a Dura-Craft Ashley for the project-that 's the dollhouse kit that I'm building! For weeks I had been looking all over the web for examples of Ashley builds,for inspiration,and I ran across the photo of this one when searching for something else entirely. Anyway,please,someone go look at this cool little Halloween house and put a link to it on here,please! I promise it's worth it.This lady,Anna,is very talented and you'll like her other projects,too! :holloween:

• Like 1

Holly,the thing is I think you are speaking a foreign language when you (or anyone) speaks of "copy", "url", or "paste" or a host of other terms. I have no earthly idea what a url is (DON'T try to explain now!)and I last used paste in elementary school! lol When I get ready to learn at MY pace,there's a computer class at the community center. I've only been using a computer since last fall. For my own pleasure and knowledge, I'm perfectly happy doing the little bit I know how to do-it's when I want to show somebody else something I found online or photos I took,it's embarassing. I also never learned how to drive a stick shift-went through a father,2 grandfathers,2 boyfriends and a husband who were each a nervous wreck by the time they gave up trying to teach me!lol And yet,I have survived fine without that skill. Not everybody is the same or has the same abilities or desires,let alone the money for certain modern 'normalcies'! I do know what TMI means: ''too much information''!But I had to make my situation plain!Sorry I hijacked the haunted house topic.And thank you so much for posting the link,Holly!

Now see, I couldn't resist this one. I'd put two dolls in this house holding an EMF detector and a tape recorder and some flashlights and a video camera. I'd even try to get the dolls to look like Jay and Grant. I might even put a little ghost peeking out from a doorway as they passed. Ghost Hunters!

• Like 2

I like how it grunges up. Where did you find those delightful little gargoyles on the roof?

In a box of assorted stuff on the workbench. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

I saw a Pierce I believe it was at a craft show in the fall. The woman had painted it completely black and was using it as part of her display. I thought to myself that I could have done a little better than just painting it all black. I asked her if she wanted to sell it but she didn't. ha ha I tried!
I would like to make a Halloween house inside of one of those foam pumpkins they sell around Halloween. Now I gave someone an idea! :)

• Like 1