Has anyone worked with resin to make fishtanks?

tyggereye

I am very interested in making one of my rooms in my dollhouse a sort of "aquarium" room. I have a fair share amount of clay skills to make the fish in some sort of way, but never worked with a clear resin sort of filler. Do you think a glass "tank" would look best filled with resin or make shift some sort of hanging fish in it? Has anyone seen any fish tanks? I've seen a few fish bowls, but not actual tanks. Does anyone have any in their houses? I'd love to see any type of fish bowl/tanks.

Except for a clear acrylic cube I found with a wee seahorse and shells and a plant that I intend for a mini aquarium all the mini aquaria I've seen have the fish, etc, suspended in some form of resin "water". Years ago one of the mini magazines ran a how-to for making an aquarium that included a wee scuba diver.

Brae (Otterine) made a saltwater fish tank.

To see it installed in her Baxter Pointe Villa, click here and scroll down through the photos.

To see her step-by-step process, click here.

To see Deb Roberts' tutorial from The Greenleaf Gazette, click here.

I'm really tempted to make one, but I know mine will be a disaster if I can't find or make perfect plants and fish to put in it. Getting the fish to float at the perfect depth may also be a problem. I really liked the ones I saw at Chicago International, but without a sale I couldn't budget the $450 they were asking for them. Do tell us how yours turns out.