Dayton 3 Blind Mice Show - August 10-11, 2013

So things have been a bit hectic lately. However, I am excited about something. I made arrangements to do my first show as a miniature dealer. Is anyone making plans to go to the 3 Blind Mice Show in Dayton? If you do, stop by and see me. I will have special deals for forum members.

The map below shows the table location. I will also be at the Museum of Miniatures Indianapolis show in September and the Louisville Miniature Club show in October.

http://3blindmiceshow.com/dayton/

http://www.museumofminiatures.org/events.html

http://www.louisvilleminiatureclub.org/expo.html

post-8632-0-91414100-1372957907_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Are any of these shows going to have Internet participation? California has the Good Sam show in October, but it's not on your list :(

I am sticking to shows within a few hour drive of the house. I am trying to participate in the "A Miniature Mini" online show in August. I have no idea how she does it. Once I work out the logistics I will let you know.

I have spent some $$ on inventory for the shows, but will be taking orders at the shows and hopefully will have the website up and running. There are still a couple of issues and a LOT of products to load.

• Like 1

Awesome, best of luck at the show. I think it would be hard to be a vendor, I'd be too distracted with the other tables and meeting everyone. You have a helper right?

Not sure about a helper in Dayton. I will have some help at the other shows.

I think I may do Chicago in 2014, too.

I am going to the Three Blind Mice show on Sunday with my sister and niece. We will certainly stop by and see you!

I look forward to seeing you!

Now I just need to figure out what to take with me. I have spent the weekend looking through my suppliers' websites and catalogs. Hopefully I will make the right choices.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, today I got a big box of items from Braxton Payne. My last shipment before the Dayton 3 Blind Mice show next week. I have never seen his work in person. The pottery is great, but the fireplaces are amazing. I ordered fireplaces in 1:12, 1:24 and 1:48. The detail with the bricks and sooting are great. He makes everything by hand and does only one or two shows each year. He told me that after 25 years he will no longer offer quarter scale vignettes. It is sad to hear, but at least his fireplaces, pottery and garden tools are still available. Here are a couple of fireplace pics for those who have not seen his work. There is a one inch colonial walk in and half inch scale 'Adam.'

post-8632-0-59300300-1375583090_thumb.jp

post-8632-0-69970100-1375583116_thumb.jp

Greg, those fireplaces are amazing! I just wish my monitor didn't make the soot look neon blue!

Part of that is the camera on my phone. I even tried making some adjustments through Photoshop and it didn't help. I wanted to do a better job of showing the pot hooks and the relative size. I am going to take some pictures of them with a 'real' digital camera.

Thank you! The coupons are printed and in the car. It will be fun to bring my niece the Alaska Jr. Grand Champion ribbon dollhouse builder. :thumbup:

She will love it!

• Like 1