Dollhouse Miniatures Moveable Glue

KathieB

I rarely go to eBay but happened to follow a link this morning and then rambled onward until I found Dollhouse Moveable Miniatures Glue. The description reads:

This is the newest way to keep your minis in place!
It's a liquid and applies easily with a brush just like nail polish. Once there's a little bit of it on the bottom of your mini, you can stick and unstick it if you change your mind about where it goes a bunch of times without the sticky stuff wearing out. It sticks to wood, glass, metal and plastic in any combination!
This is the one you've read rave reviews from all the Mini Magazines too.
The bottle contains 1/2 fl. oz.

I'm posting this in the General Mini Talk forum instead of the designated eBay forum because I'm not so much interested in buying the glue as in finding out more about it. The photo shows what looks to be a nail polish bottle with a fairly crude (read: home made) label. I can't read all of the contents, but alcohol seems to be a part of the mix.
Has any one used this? Or even seen a rave about it in a mini magazine? If it works well, I'd be all for it.

I saw it in a webstore with a similar write up. Can't think at the moment which one it was because I've been on a shopping binge for the 2 flings that are going on at my house. I almost bought it to try. I'm interested too, if someone has used it. I'll go back and look for the webstore to see if it was one of our regularly used ones.

I've never heard of this before. Would be great if it really worked as well as they describe. The wax is just annoying even though it works, for the most part. Lately I've been just making my own displays by gluing the accessories to them permanently. Sort of like how Reuters does it. It makes life so much easier. I'll post pictures tomorrow of what I did. So yes, if be interested if anyone know anything about this glue.

Selkie, thanks for the links. I've ordered a bottle. It's a bit pricey, but if it works as advertised, it will be well worth it. It looks as if the little bottle will go a long way. I wonder how long it lasts in the bottle before it becomes unusable.

I use this removeable glue for my miniature lamp making where I want to be able to remove a glass globe if the light bulb burns out. Yes, it really does work! Kathie, yes, the little bottle does go a long way. I've had mine for over a year, probably a year and a half, and it is still as good as the day I bought it. I was told it was no longer being made and thought at the time yeah, that would figure, somethings works this good and they're not going to make it anymore!

• Like 1

I was told it was no longer being made and thought at the time yeah, that would figure, something works this good and they're not going to make it anymore!

Thanks for letting us know that it works.

Guess we all better stock up quickly if it truly is going out of business.

I've had a bottle of Moveable Glue for 10 years and last used it in 2004 to position many small items in a roombox. It worked great. The roombox was a gift so I don't have it anymore, but I saw it again recently and everything was perfectly in place.

I shook the bottle really well today and put one coat on a small square of painted wood to test it. It seemed to work just fine. I did not get a chance to put the remaining 2 coats on to really test it well, but will try to do that tomorrow.

I don't see any deterioration in the way the liquid looks in the bottle after all these years. It was originally recommended to me by a very talented miniaturist and miniature shop owner who used it in all her room boxes.

It is not "waxy"' but has what I describe as a "stickiness" that causes it to adhere to the recommended surfaces. When I used it in my roombox, I recall that there is no transfer of the substance from the item on which you apply it to the surface on which you place the item. The "stickiness" remains on the item you apply it to.

I'm about to use it again on the room box I am currently working on. I really like it.

Renea

Here is a link to a review on the moveable glue.

Here is a link of how to use the moveable glue.

This site says they are member of N.A.M.E. so they must not be beginners in the hobby.

I've noticed that the second link I put in is not working properly all the time and I can't edit it out.

I'm posting a new direct link to the "how to use" instructions here.

The site name is Marion's Merry Minis.

I was at my favorite miniature shop this past weekend and asked them about the moveable glue. They were the ones that had told me it wasn't going to be made anymore. Apparently, whoever makes it changed their minds and it is still being made. I paid $7.95 for the bottle I have. Have you tried it yet Kathie?