Greenleaf Monthly Newsletter and the A.I.M iMag?

Treedydi

The editor's health issues have put the Greenleaf Gazette on hiatus, I believe; I didn't know there was a problem with AIM, since I don't remember to check on thhat one.

Trish, how sweet of you to Mention how much its missed by you! I miss them too. The problem we had here also was the fact that no one wanted to make contributions to the Gazette. It's a lot of work putting something like that together and when on top of it, you have health issues too it became too much. I was sad when some months, there were no Thank You's or anything from others on the forum. The Words "Thank You" can go a very LONG way. Those words can help a person feel appreciated and inspired to continue on and move forward. Instead, there were sometimes when rude emails were sent asking for "more" tutorials but there were NO submissions from people to help.

I know for a certainty, that the fact that appreciation was lacking was why it was decided to terminate the Gazette instead of just doing it Quarterly. AIM Magazine is having the same thing happen some months. It's also the reason why CDHM Miniature Way Digital Magazine is no more.

Saying Thank You and showing appreciation make people go further and do More for others. Ok, stepping of my soapbox. But being one of the people who can't afford to subscribe to all of the physical Mini magazines, I really miss the digital ones we had going on.

• Like 7

I think a lot of people might not feel that their own work or tutorials would be good enough. I really miss it too, hope to see the Gazette again someday and Id love to help if I can in any way.

• Like 2

I tried to get my email changed with Greenleaf so I would keep getting the gazette and it never happened. I thought I was alone in not receiving my copies. It would be nice to see the gazette started up again. I've written for newspapers and magazines for decades and would be happy to contribute. I bet alot of us would do our share if we knew it was needed.

• Like 1

Issue 46 of A.I.M, June 2013, was uploaded today.

I can't seem to find the new one. I can only find the January one.

Does it have a new link or new website or perhaps it's not open to the public yet?

Oh, this is such a shame. I miss the issues too and I thought I wasn't receiving them because my email was junking them. I checked my settings multiple times wondering about and even today, itself, I was going to send an email to see if I was accidentally removed from the mailing list. I'm sorry to hear that the Gazette had to be out in hiatus and about the health issues.

I contributed a few articles but unfortunately, my own health issues have basically stalled my computer usage. I had even left the forum for many months because of this. I have terrible migraines and the computer triggers them. Its been difficult to work on my minis as well because of this so I've slowed down on that too. If it wasn't for that, I would have contributed more articles to try and help keep it going. So sad.

• Like 1

I wish I had known that the Gazette was being terminated; I certainly would have thanked Deb, Heidi and all the others who worked so hard to get it to us!

My sentiments exactly. I wish I had thanked them after each & every publication because I enjoyed each & every one.

While I always read (and enjoyed) every single article in the Gazette, it did not occur to me to thank the hard working contributors for their dedication & creativity and for that I am truly sorry.

I hope that someday the Gazette will return and if it does I know that I personally won't take it for granted again.

• Like 1

I too am sorry to hear it is gone. I've looked at archive issues and really enjoyed them. Having done newsletters before, I know too how much work they are.

So Thank You! for the past issues and everyone's hard work! :thankyou:

Deb used to post a topic asking for help. I'm saying this because I watched this go on while she posted several times and would get no or very few responses. I do want to say personally Thank you to those who contributed or showed gratitude. There were many that did and even some who showed "their" way of doing something. It just inspired us all. But as ou know. to keep it fresh, yes, we needed more contributions. The last Gazette went out late last year if I remember correctly. There are no plans for new ones coming out at the moment. :( I miss it too

• Like 1

I wish I had known that the Gazette was being terminated; I certainly would have thanked Deb, Heidi and all the others who worked so hard to get it to us!

Indeed!

Hugs

• Like 1

I go directly to Scribd. All the AIM magazines are here, incase you missed one. Not sure if you need to be signed in to Scribd? Click on the magazine you want to read. Or on the same page click any of the 3 orange download buttons to get the PDF file.

Thank you. I cannot speak for Deb but I know a part of the reason we stopped was our own health issues. Towards the end, I couldn't get anyone who wanted to be featured in the articles I was part of. It is sad to see the MoM go but we had to do it. Sorry.

• Like 1

Heidi and Deb,

You both did a great job featuring the great assembled personalities amongst the forum family which I always appreciated ad look forward to read. The Gazettes were a treat above and beoynd everyday reading so it is missed but understandably (sp?) so :wub:

Hugs

• Like 2

Sorry to see it go, too, but I know it is a lot of work to keep up a magazine. I used to edit one myself and it's a big job. Thank you, ladies, for all the work you put into it. Maybe it can be revived someday with a bigger staff. As for contributing - I never felt I had anything to offer all the gurus on this forum :)

Thanks for adding the link. I was having troubles with the link from the blog sending me to #45. Whoohoo, off to read :D

I'm sure the gazette was a ton of work and with health issues I think we can all understand priorities. I'm sorry to hear there are no intentions to bring it back. Would there be enough of us interested in helping to get it up and running until our regular crew are back on their feet, not that I'm even sure that's an option.. just throwing it out there.

• Like 1

Thanks for adding the link. I was having troubles with the link from the blog sending me to #45. Whoohoo, off to read :D

I'm sure the gazette was a ton of work and with health issues I think we can all understand priorities. I'm sorry to hear there are no intentions to bring it back. Would there be enough of us interested in helping to get it up and running until our regular crew are back on their feet, not that I'm even sure that's an option.. just throwing it out there.

I would be glad to help if we did get it up and running.
  • Like 1