Eyelets instead of brads for "Cir-Kit's Redy-Joint" wiring?

Peacenik3

My very old dollhouse kit is pre-wired with "Insta-wire, Cir-Kit's Redy-Joint system". The instructions say to use two brass brads to make electrical connections. I saw a tutorial on Youtube that used eyelets to make these connections. Since these instructions were made pre-computer age (typewritten and hand corrected), I wonder if the eyelets are a newer, possibly better way to make the connections? Any suggestions for a newbie?

Thanks!

I think either would be fine, the eyelets are just a bit bigger. I however, have a hard time with those tiny things, and fold my tapewire to change direction, and splice as little as possible. This saves my sanity and cuts down on the chances of bad connections.

On a related note, I also do not use brads or eyelets to attach my lights to the tape. I solder each wire directly to the tape. Others use the brads or eyelets, but then also finish up with a drop of solder to ensure the connection is solid.

Good luck!

I also do the folding technique, and use the eyelets where I need to make connections. I would prefer to do the soldering method, but have yet to have much success with my efforts. :pullhair: