St. Jude's Research Hospital and the Warrior Dash

thelittlethings

Hi All,

I am running in a race called The Warrior Dash this coming weekend. Some of you may be familiar already, but essentially it is a 5k (3.1 mile) obstacle course race. Part of the proceeds from the race go to two charities-Wounded Warrior and St. Jude's Research Hospital. Wounded Warrior recieves a donation from the company that organizes the races, and they happen all over the country. St. Jude's Research Hospital recieves donations from individuals who fundraise. If you would like to help out please visit my blog, http://thelittlethingsminiatures.blogspot.com/ , and click on the donate button. Donations go to accomplishing their mission, which is, "to find cures for children with cancer and other life-threatening diseases through research and treatment. And no family ever pays St. Jude for anything". Thank you!

(Also, I wasn't sure if this is permitted on the forums, and if it is not I am very sorry and will take it down immediately. Please just let me know)

• Like 1

Be careful on the obstacle course. I have a co-worker who just had a 2nd surgery on her fractured and dislocated elbow after doing one of those races. Someone climbing up the opposite side of a cargo net forced her off at a height of almost 20 ft.

I wish I could still do those kinds of races, but too many collisions with cars while riding my bicycle or motorcycle have made it nearly impossible. I did go on a 100 mile motorcycle ride for the Fallen Heroes organization recently, but that's about all I'm able to do these days.

Wow, thanks for the warning! I've done a couple of these before, and I just remind myself that it's just for fun and to take it easy through the obstacles. Some people definitely get a little too into it.

That bike ride must have been awesome! And it doesn't matter how you support these organizations- it's the effort that counts :)

The bike ride was a wet one, but that just weeded out the fair-weather riders who don't really know how to handle a motorcycle in the first place.

When I was in college in 1996, I rode a bicycle in the MS 150. About 800 of us rode from Tampa to Haines City (just south of Orlando) and back to raise funds for the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation. That was a fun ride and well organized. They actually break the ride up into two days (one day each way) so there were riders as young as 14 and several in their 80's. Wish I could do that again, but the knees are worn down from 10 years of putting 12,000+ miles a year on a pedal bike.

Have fun on your run!