our convention center

from the way I understand how the promoters work their shows, they usually have them planned out far in advance. Show usually take place in what the promoter thinks is a crime free area, or an area where miniaturists will be safe while shopping. Something to do, to drop the husbands and kids off, is also desirable to promoters too--area attractions, nice hotels that serve meals, have large conference & ball rooms, etc. Airports and cab, and shuttle services are a must too, since many miniaturists go on miniature 'tours' from show to show now--this is a new trend I have seen when attending shows as a dealer.

Miniature shows tend to be held in a metropolis area, unless it is a miniature club per se that holds one every year in their hometown, etc. It just depends. I know Richmond, Va near where I live doesn't have the shows because of the high crime in the city--and also the difficulty with parking, etc. This is just my observation--and also an opinion based on experience.