Beacon hil tower

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is having a great day! I need some suggestions if you please, I left my tower open and on the side walls I wanted to use two book cases with canned goods up there, with herbs and flowers hanging. I have the jars, and I know how to make the food, but I don't know is what to use to make the liquid inside the jars? I have tried realistic water and triple thick. It just won't stay clear, and it won't harden. If anyone out there has done this I would soooooo appreciate any tips? Thanks!!!!

What a cute idea! If youre looking for something you can find easily...some people use Liquid Nails in their canning jars..can be tinted with food coloring.Ive tried it (long ago)and its a mess but it does work. Other than that I would try Scenic Water....or ask your local (if u have one) hobby/train store for a recommendation. Try youtube for videos on making dollhouse miniature canned goods.

Thanks Karin, don't think I've tried liquid nails...but I have to say I went traditional Victorian .........but I'm glad I didn't see your beacon hill before I started! I love, love love love your beacon hill!!!!! Actually I hadn't work on mind in a while but I found your pics and you motivated me cause my next house is going to be shabby chic like yours! I hope you don't mind if I take my inspiration form you're beautiful beacon hill? I swear I go though your pics everyday without fail! I will try the nails though;)

• Like 1