Just bought a puzzle house

Leahelizabth

Fun! Which house is it?

A few years ago I built the one that looks like Greenleaf's Arthur (pics here). I have a couple more of these plus one of the ones that looks like the Tennyson. Maybe I'll get to them someday...

• Like 1

I have one of these (Arthur lookalike) in my stash and shipped the other (Tennyson lookalike) off to a friend in Germany. I couldn't resist them either and keep looking at a castle one. I think they'd make a good base for something playful and have a few ideas I want to try in the future. Kathrynated has done some of the quarter scale ones that she got on eBay and they're real cute.

Here's the link to Kathryn's gallery for her puzzle houses

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6137

Fun! Which house is it?

A few years ago I built the one that looks like Greenleaf's Arthur (pics here). I have a couple more of these plus one of the ones that looks like the Tennyson. Maybe I'll get to them someday...

Oh that's funny. Your house is one of my favorites and I've always thought it was a modified Arthur. :lol:

Thanks for the shout out Debora. I actually picked them up on Amazon, and I've seen both of the Michael's puzzle houses there as well. The company "Creatology" puts out new kits all the time. I keep buying new ones, I'm addicted! I can't wait to put this one together that looks like the Fairfield.

I'm putting together the furniture kit for my half-scale Rosedale. The wood really takes stain really well and is so fun to decorate. What are your plans for your house?

• Like 2

I am making the Victorian one, painted it white with black trim. The floors are covered with black bamboo tablemats. For the wallpaper I am using scrapbooking

paper that comes in small pads, they have tiny prints. My accent color will be either pink or red, not sure yet. They are fun! Haven't made the furniture kit yet.

Gail :bear:

• Like 2

Oh my goodness, is there one that looks like a Fairfield?!

Fov, I got the one that looks like an Arthur, I was just looking at your blog!

I made a promise to myself that I will only use components I already have around the house.. No purchases allowed.. Let's see if I can stick to it!! Especially since I will be having to spend a little to complete my Spring Fling ideas...

The local Michael's doesn't have the puzzle houses. I'm bummed.

Same here, That's why I had to finally get one because I look every time I go to Michael's Today I went to one different than the usual one I go to, and lo and behold!! Yay :)

My puzzle house was what got me hooked - i did the arthur look alike too. If anyone who does not have a local michaels that carries them, send me a PM I could purchase for you. Our stocks all three styles fairly regularly (the fantasy that looks like a castle, the one that looks like the tennyson and the one that looks like the arthur. also they carry the furniture fairly regularly too.

Sorry, went to bed last night, I'm still a little jetlagged from my trip (I was in Hawaii!). Anyways, I posted a few pictures of my newest puzzle house addition. I found it on Amazon (I'm not sure if I can post the link since it's an outside vendor), but I'm always scouring Amazon and find a ton of different puzzle houses.

Here's my gallery for the one that looks like the fairfield. It's small, I put my bottle of acrylic paint next to it for reference, and it's in front of my half-scale rosedale. I think it looks like the Fairfield because of the tower and the front porch, but that's where the resemblance ends. It doesn't have the split open back, so it's only accessible from one area, and the room layout is two by two, so that will make decorating a bit tricky. But I really like it. I'm addicted to these puzzle houses, they are cheap, go together so easy, and the wood takes paint and stain really well.

Thanks for the interest everyone! I'll be happy to help people find these on amazon!

• Like 2

Oh, my! Thank you' it's just enough different from the Fairfield that you could build one and display it with the FF. It sound like a "decorate as you build" project.

It's definitely a decorate as you build project. The dimensions are 7.5" wide by 7.25" long by 7" tall, and the door is just over an inch tall. I always go by the door size for these puzzle houses, since they aren't always a set scale.

For those trying to find it on amazon, this specific set is from "WoodenToy" and the model was "Happy Family". I think it must be direct from China, due to the funny name and the instruction sheets. Not that the instructions were impossible to figure out. It has a diagram with all the parts numbered, and then you just match the numbered slots to the numbered tabs.

I scribed and stained the floors today! Pictures in gallery.

• Like 1

it sounds close to 1:48 with a 1"+ doorway; I have a set of puzzle houses that are Chinese that I will eventually torture myself into building, etc (it's the "etc" as much as the pile of 1:12 kits and nowhere to work on anything at present that frustrates me...)

It's definitely a decorate as you build project. The dimensions are 7.5" wide by 7.25" long by 7" tall, and the door is just over an inch tall. I always go by the door size for these puzzle houses, since they aren't always a set scale.

For those trying to find it on amazon, this specific set is from "WoodenToy" and the model was "Happy Family". I think it must be direct from China, due to the funny name and the instruction sheets. Not that the instructions were impossible to figure out. It has a diagram with all the parts numbered, and then you just match the numbered slots to the numbered tabs.

I scribed and stained the floors today! Pictures in gallery.

Thanks! I also found another I like by them, the Country Mansion.

• Like 1

I haven't seen the puzzle houses at Micheals yet but I have seen them elsewhere. I assembled the Fantasy Villa and let me tell you, it was no easy task. That one was hard and that doesn't even count trying to make it look like a dollhouse and not a puzzle. I still love them though...lol