Greenleaf's Seventh Annual Spring Fling Contest

I don't know if I plan to make any real cuts this year. The last two years I did a lot of bashing to get what I wanted. This years kit simply oozes with as is ideas. I am liking the idea of bringing the shell to life with just what I add and not what I take away. That's how I feel this year. But of course, every build says something different.

my front wall cuts aren't exciting, just to accommodate prefab doors & windows. my other 4 cuts... well you'll see :D

...actually they aren't that exciting either :rofl:

• Like 1

my front wall cuts aren't exciting, just to accommodate prefab doors & windows. my other 4 cuts... well you'll see :D

...actually they aren't that exciting either :rofl:

Don't get me wrong :) I bashed the living daylights out of the last two years kits. Bashing is da bomb! But this year, I'm thinking different because that's how my fickle mind works. But......I do think I'll go for one cut. Just one :)

• Like 2

Told my niece yesterday that I had her sf kit here, she was all excited she bugged me until I went and picked her up to stay the night, her kit has o been drt fit and she has come up with some good ideas. So proud

• Like 3

I just put 2 & 2 together. You know what this means? My local miniature show is the first weekend in October. I can count on some last minute fling finish goodies. How fun. There's bound to be something. With the plans I have it will be easy to add a last minute treasure :)

you guys are already so far a head. Its so exciting hearing all the "i'm doing this" and "i've cut here".

I still have to wait a couple of weeks for my kit to get here. While I wait I am making a paper model to play with ideas. i need some help with measurements please. is the height show as 11.5 inches to the apex of the roof or is it the side wall height?

• Like 1

you guys are already so far a head. Its so exciting hearing all the "i'm doing this" and "i've cut here".

I still have to wait a couple of weeks for my kit to get here. While I wait I am making a paper model to play with ideas. i need some help with measurements please. is the height show as 11.5 inches to the apex of the roof or is it the side wall height?

11.5" is the height of the whole house from tabletop surface to apex. the side wall height is 8.75" on the outside and 8.5" inside.

You guys are goofy. I just ordered mine and it's probably a week out. Don't forget, Dean gave us a HUGE gift this year. ENOUGH TIME! Yea Dean and Greenleaf! I am loving every second of doing the pre arrival research. Now, if I was just any closer to making these decisions. I'd like to be ready to work when the kit gets here :)

I have been away for a few weeks, busy with work and kids stuff...but I am back and so glad I got on today the forum, as today is the last day to get the deal on the kit. Even though I am still finishing my Orchid (getting near the end) and I was at first stumped about this product, I think I have a few fun ideas. And so now, I am in! Super psyched...especially to travel this crazy road with all of you! :D

• Like 1

I have been away for a few weeks, busy with work and kids stuff...but I am back and so glad I got on today the forum, as today is the last day to get the deal on the kit. Even though I am still finishing my Orchid (getting near the end) and I was at first stumped about this product, I think I have a few fun ideas. And so now, I am in! Super psyched...especially to travel this crazy road with all of you! :D

We told you :)

• Like 1

A first for me, the score and stain technique. I usually use wood veneer flooring sheets. I decided on 6" wide planks. I measured and scored lines in the direction of the wood grain, I used a box cutter that uses rectangular single edge blades. I went through each line 4 times, twice with the blade followed by two runs with the safety side of the blade. Once I was finished I did the same randomly in the opposite direction to make ends for the planks. I decided that I wanted to have visible nail heads so I used one of the hammer-in electrical sockets to make 2 nail holes in each end of all the planks. I used a pair of pliers to hold the socket and quickly pressed and rocked the pins into the wood..I'm really pleased with how the floors turned out. I love that I can use the fling to try out new techniques outside my comfort zone...

gallery_1884_6271_301872.jpggallery_1884_6271_3132937.jpg

• Like 10

That looks cool Jeffrey!I'm only watching all the flingin' this year,as I have my brain full with my little Ashley/pizza parlor,but the great benefit is the things that the rest of us can learn when y'all share.Thanx! Kat

Package arrived in San Diego Saturday - Just checked this AM it is out for Del.. UPS comes here usually later in the day - So will be able to dig in this evening.. WOOOOOOOO..

• Like 1

Nice job. Very professional looking. No, better than what we can purchase !!!!

Wish I was that talented.

Still thinking about what I will "need" for mine.

Gotta wait til it arrives and I see it in dry-fit for some of the ideas to take shape.

I'm such a visual and hands-on person. Grr-r-r-r-r-r Wish I could plan in the virtual plane better.

• Like 3

Very nice, Ken! Next up, refreshing beverages and a fruit tray. :giggle:

Brae

I was thinking more of Beef Jerkey and Beer OH not Beer - Sun Tea. lOL

• Like 4

Nice job. Very professional looking. No, better than what we can purchase !!!!

Wish I was that talented.

Still thinking about what I will "need" for mine.

Gotta wait til it arrives and I see it in dry-fit for some of the ideas to take shape.

I'm such a visual and hands-on person. Grr-r-r-r-r-r Wish I could plan in the virtual plane better.

I'm a very hands-on person myself, so I had to get the house first and then start monkeying around with things. Sometimes I'll draw out ideas on paper, but sometimes they don't work out.

• Like 1