Siding/Bay question

patkneazle

What do you guys do on bay windows where the paneling meets at the angles? I'm using the siding sheets that you cut yourself.

My project is half scale. I'm thinking about running a trim stick down the joint. Is that done?

• Like 1

Yes, trim sticks or angle corner trims. I used 1/4 inch half rounds on my one inch scale Tennyson, but it also comes in smaller scales or you might see if skinny sticks or bamboo skewers would do the job for you.

• Like 1

If you're talking about filling the gap where the two pieces meet, I cut a bamboo skewer the right length, glue it in and when it's dry prime it and spackle over it and then glue my siding strips, butting them over the strips.

• Like 1

I ignored this topic several times thinking how I didn't know what to do with my own bay windows. Duh! I read the post and found out. Funny how the obvious can fly right past you just often enough to keep you on your toes :)

Since this is a common challenge (not the first time I've read bay window issues here) I think it would sure be nice if someone, Mary Anne, would post, Mary Anne, photos, Mary Anne.....I mean, no pressure or anything :)

I usually don't use siding on my bays but you can use trim to cover up the gaps. I'm not good with angle measurements but someone above me gave the correct name of the trim that can be used for this. I think the trim would give it a neater look but you can also butt the siding closely together and then use spackle on any tiny gaps. I would also try using skewers to fill up the bay wall joints and then cut the siding to fit in between. Again spackle can be used for any tiny gaps left by this process.

Blondie! That was ME! That WAS me talking! My name is Kingsley and I am one tough dude! It is just that I do not know all there is to know about bay windows and stuff like that!

I am more of a WRASSLING kind of guy!

I ignored this topic several times thinking how I didn't know what to do with my own bay windows. Duh! I read the post and found out. Funny how the obvious can fly right past you just often enough to keep you on your toes :)

Since this is a common challenge (not the first time I've read bay window issues here) I think it would sure be nice if someone, Mary Anne, would post, Mary Anne, photos, Mary Anne.....I mean, no pressure or anything :)

Nothing to take pictures of yet! But I will! My dollhouse guy has been gone for TWO WEEKENDS now! WITHOUT my permission! Hope to be able to get what I need this weekend! (He's only open on weekends).

In the meantime, I need to sand down the top of the bay, as the fascia sticks up about an 8th of an inch too high, and I'm afraid it will affect how the door closes and the gable on the roof above. Time to rev up the Dremel! I LOVE power tools!