working on my second house :)

ZOESMAMA

hi my name is Gabrielle I am a military wife stationed in Alaska and needed a hobby ... so after remembering how much fun I had with my first house back when I was 17 or so I decided to start the hobby again and am loving it my husband has even joined in! my only real problem is I have to buy everything online which im not really a big fan of ( I guess you could say i am a very tactile person) but it is the only way I am able to continue on with this awesome little (big) haha hobby, I found a small hobby store that sells a few Greenleaf houses but other than that its all online :( if anyone has read a few post I already put up my next project that I am going to do is going to be a fairy cottage after I finish up with my Fairfield house. :) well hope to talk to everyone more alittle later !!!!

Welcome to the little family, Gabrielle. I got fed up with buying, especially online, especially when I discovered all the "1:24" furniture I bought for the Fairfields was actually closer to 1:32; it didn't go with the 1:24 kits I'd made up or the items I scratch-built in 1:24. I had already started making all the items I put into my 1:12 houses, so it was a matter of working smaller.

Welcome Gabrielle!

After being in love with the exterior of the fairfield for a few years, I discovered a you tube video that made me fall even more in love with the interior. It would be great to see photos. You should start posting them in albums. Alot of us would love to see your progress. Great choice of a house.

I pretty much can only order online because my nearest store is small and over 100 miles away and I am near Portland, Oregon. This is a fantastic hobby to support. The internet gives us alot even if we do miss brick & mortar business. It would sure be nice to see a return of miniature shops.

Enjoy the forum Gabrielle, it's a great place!

Morgan

Hi, Gabrielle, and welcome! I also do a lot of online ordering because the dollhouse store is not so close. The hardest part for me is colors - sometimes they don't quite look the same as they did online... but that could be the color setting on my laptop. I've had pretty good luck with just about everything I've ordered.

I look forward to seeing your progress on the Fairfield. It's a great house!

Gabrielle,welcome to the forum. You have a beautiful name by the way :) Most of us shop mostly online, for one thing...even if you can visit a shop, the best deals are usually on ebay. In my opinion. Its nice to visit a shop now and then but I have to shop for the best prices to be able to afford this hobby. Some of our members own their own online dollhouse businesses and its nice to have them around to help us find things or just for a trusted resource. Anyways...its nice to "meet" you and I hope you visit and contribute often :wave: