Hello :D

KeZZsi

Hello! I'm new on here, but I figured it would be good to sign up for help on the doll house I am re-doing! (I attempted to build my Arthur doll house when I was about nine. it really is a wonder that it is still in one piece) My screen name is KeZZsi, which was a nickname I got in high school because my style of handwriting has my Ls look like Zs? I don't see the confusion, but the nickname stuck :) I am a fairly creative person and the theme for my doll house is inspired by Bobby's House on Supernatural. I am pretty much in love with that show and all the mythical creatures and darkness lurking just around the corner. I am open to any suggestions or ideas to better renovate and I hope to help others as well :)

Welcome KeZZsi :)

How exciting to have such a strong idea of the style miniatures you are interested in. It will be fun to see pictures.

Enjoy the forum. It is a great place and you can find just about anything miniature already posted or just ask. The people are great.

Have fun :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family Kellsi (did I guess right?). Don't forget to check out the Team Arthur building blog, although we didn't get wildly creative with it, since it was the first building team blogged build. If you built it with hot glue you can use a hair dryer or a heat gun to take it all apart and rebuild it with carpenter's wood glue, bashing as you go.

• Like 1

You did guess right :) oh my goodness I did use hot gule and I was having trouble getting the old shingles off without taking the wood with it! lol I want to do a terra cotta style shingle instead of the wood. thanks so much for the tip!

I have discovered that I masochistically enjoy rehabbing dhs originally built with hot glue, because I can take them all apart and rebuild them. The downside is that the doors and windows get destroyed by my method; the upside is I discovered that doors and windows are easy to make!

Awesome! This site has all kinds of ideas forming, I even ordered some new stuff today that I can't wait to use :) one of those being a black clawfoot tub! I'm so excited to get it so I can make or find stuff to build around it and pick a wall color..... I'm thinking an olivish green.... hmmmm I guess I will just have to wait :)

One of my DILs is "into" black & white 1:1 bathrooms and has a B&W toile paper on the walls of one of them; I've seen a similar design on scrapbook paper that would work for 1:12 wallpaper.

Thanks! I just checked it out and I like how the lights were done, I decided last night I that I wanted my arthur electric by only enought to see the detail but not a cheery light haha btw do you like supernatural too?

thank goodness!!! people who will understand what i am shooting for lol i attempted to tell people in my family and their response was "so will i find its twin in a rundown trailer park?" haha maybe i just don't have the needed explaining skills :)