My Primrose arrived!

shamrockgirl18

yesterday!

I put the shell together last night (Sooooooooooo easy) and I painted one of the exterior walls gray (for the grout underneath the egg carton stones I am going to attempt).

Nervous to try doing the egg carton stones because I dont want to ruin the the cute little house, but this will give me something to do on my day off on Friday. :)

• Like 1

Congratulations! So fun when these kind of packages arrive. I am doing egg carton stone on the RGT build along and I was nervous at first, but it is really easy once you get going. I practiced on a piece of cardstock first. I think that the stones look better if you don't leave too much space between them. I googled stone exteriors and tried to get the scale between RL houses and the 1/2 scale I am doing as to how much space to leave. It was good to look at the RL houses to get some ideas. Have fun!

• Like 1

Oh fun fun fun! About the stone work.... I try every new technique out on scrap wood first. Try making a stone foundation start to finish on a scrap. At the rate you are going, you can do this tonight or tomorrow, then be ready to run with it on Friday. I'm looking forward to your pics.

• Like 1

Thanks! Do you have pics of the stonework you've done so far?

No pics yet. It hasn't been painted, so all you can see right now is the gray egg carton color. I did some experimental painting on the test piece I did just to get the colors I wanted, but it isn't really big enough to take a picture of. I am doing New England raked fieldstone. That means the pieces go together like a jigsaw puzzle instead of having semi-uniform rows of stones.

• Like 1

well, I did one side of the exterior last night w/ the egg crate stonework. . .the shape of the stones is OK I think, but the color doesn't seem right yet.

I don't have any brown colors of paint right now, and my $$ is tight, I was thinking of trying the old teabag trick to make the stones' color more brownish.

What do you all think?