Chicago 2013 -- Who's Attending??

I was going through the forum and noticed there was a nice four page topic about the 2012 Chicago show(s). I was just wondering who is attending from here. I have seen a couple of people post, but not many.

I have to be in Atlanta that Monday through Wednesday to give some training presentations, but definitely plan on getting up there.

I just got my credentials for the Bishop Wholesale Show, which means driving up to Chicago Wednesday night after flying home from Atlanta, spending Thursday and Friday in Chicago, back to Indianapolis Friday afternoon and then back to Chicago for the retail portions of the Bishop and the 3 Blind Mice shows for the weekend. I am really looking forward to it since I missed last year. I just wish I had time to take in a workshop or two. That will definitely be in the plan next time around.

So...who's going???

I will be a vendor this year, but with all of the recent interruptions, neither house will be ready. I will be displaying two unfinished houses again this year. I'm also holding off on making reservations to vend anywhere else until they're both finished. Hopefully I'll have something to show in 2014.

• Like 1

Wow...I really expected there to be a bigger response. I figured brae would go (no hotel expense -- lucky!), but really thought more of us would be there. I missed out last year due to my travel schedule, but worked it out properly this year. I am looking forward to it. I can't wait to see Jeremy's work up close and will look for everyone else.

I don't believe so. I think the only shuttle is between the two Marriott properties and the airport. Are you driving in or flying?

I was really hoping to go this year, even had someone to go with me, but don't think I'll be able to pull it off this year. :( I need to do earlier and better planning for next year.

So Jeremy, if you are still driving through Atlanta, I'd still love to try and catch up with you to see the houses!

I'm planning to be there this year too :) Saturday and possibly Sunday too. I can't wait and I hope to see Some Greenleafers there too. Last year I got to meet up with Deana (Chesterfieldzoo). It was so nice to see her face to face. I hope I get to meet up with you all

• Like 1

I was really hoping to go this year, even had someone to go with me, but don't think I'll be able to pull it off this year. :( I need to do earlier and better planning for next year.

So Jeremy, if you are still driving through Atlanta, I'd still love to try and catch up with you to see the houses!

I still plan to go, but my wife is putting a lot of pressure on me to cancel due to recent medical issues. Unless things get worse or my doctor throws a wrench in the works next Monday, I still plan to stop at Miniature Designs from 10:00 to 10:30-ish.

• Like 1

I'll keep an eye out for you too Tracy, but if you see me making a bee line for towards Jane Graber's table, you might want to help clear a path :taz:

I like the fact that Jane's studio is less than 30 minutes away. It is too tempting.

• Like 1

I still plan to go, but my wife is putting a lot of pressure on me to cancel due to recent medical issues. Unless things get worse or my doctor throws a wrench in the works next Monday, I still plan to stop at Miniature Designs from 10:00 to 10:30-ish.

Super! I'll see what I can do to meet there.

Oh I just read your other post. Looks like the doctor is on Monday, what day will you be at MD?

Hey guys, don't forget: MD is usually closed on Mondays unless you give them a call. I am going to try to stop there that Monday morning after my flight lands and take a look at what's left from the Attic Sale.

Super! I'll see what I can do to meet there.

Oh I just read your other post. Looks like the doctor is on Monday, what day will you be at MD?

My plan is to see the doctor on Monday and depart on Tuesday around 4:30 a.m. I'll arrive at MD that morning around 10.

I really wanted to make it this year, but work had other ideas. If anyone gets a chance can they keep an eye out for glass bell jars/cloches. I've been looking for some nice ones for ages! I just need a vendor/artistan name. Thanks! Have fun guys :)

You can buy cloches in several sizes from Grapevine Miniatures, look under products- garden supplies :D

I'm having doubts. If I could cancel without getting black-listed by Tom, I probably would. What are the chances of selling anything when all I have to show is an unfinished Tudor house and the MacKenzie's foundation under repair? Not only do I not have anything new to show since 2011, neither of them are ready for delivery.

If my doctor tells me I need another surgery on Monday, I'm not sure he would be willing to wait two weeks either. Just like two years ago, it seems everything short of the sun not rising has occurred to keep me from getting to Chicago this year.

My husband is tryting to talk me out of it, but I still plan on going! I hope to meet you all! :bigwink:

Tell him it is a great opportunity for you to do a little networking on your new furniture venture.

A lady from another forum is on her way there, driving, and got stranded in North Dakota in a snow storm. The whole state is shut down still this morning. At least she's in a hotel room and safe.