The Magnolia Windows

I've just begun the Magnolia and been away from building dollhouses for some time. I haven't got a clue if I have done it right but it seems to me from the exterior, once the sashes are installed there will be a part of the actual wall showing so I painted that the same color as the trim of the windows. Should I have done that? I know I've done these windows on another dollhouse (the Orchid??) but I can't picture it in my mind.

Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

You did it right, Wendy. When I put the house into dry fit one of the things I do is to go ahead and lay the windows and their trims and door trims in place and then trace around them with a #2 lead pencil. Then I know what to paint to match and what to mask off for later gluing.

• 7 years later...

Its 2020 and I'm having trouble figuring out where the window sashes are for the Magnolia Greenleaf Dollhouse.  I ve sent several message to Greenleaf with no response. Certainly losing motivation for this new hobby. If anyone can help me please let me know! Thank you for your time!

Carolyn Robinson 

Carolyn, Here is a link to download the Instructions and Assembly Guide for the Magnolia Dollhouse.  http://www.mysmallobsession.com/dollhouse-assembly-instructions.html

From my reading this guide there are 16 window sashes.  There are two Sheet #8s with eight on each sheet.  They are labeled Single, Double Wide and Kitchen Window on the schematic.

I hope this helps.